Opening credits

Options
♥Faerie♥
♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
First, I am totally in love with the music for the opening credits....I really wish I could get it somewhere besides youtube.....

Now, do you guys try to pay as much attention to the opening as I do? I am always seeing something that I have missed, and I really think a lot of the images have to do with what is going on in the show.

There are countless pics of babies that appear to have downs, there is the infamous white baby gown, lots of jars with "parts" in them, and the one that I am most interested in,
the clipper man.....You see a shot of the clipper man with what appears to be garden shears, and then it also shows the shears lying on a chair with blood all over them.....

Do you think these images are of importance to the show?

Replies

• Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    I think they are. I need to pay close attention to the baby pics. I never noticed they had downs...
  • ♥Faerie♥
    Options
    I am not 100% sure they do, but it seems like it, from the split second you can see each pic, and it also looks like a few dead baby pics are in there also.....
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    I am not 100% sure they do, but it seems like it, from the split second you can see each pic, and it also looks like a few dead baby pics are in there also.....

Yeah there's some "off" baby pix in there... have never noticed the clipper man though! I'll be watching!!
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    First, I am totally in love with the music for the opening credits....I really wish I could get it somewhere besides youtube.....

Oh and one of the guys who "wrote" the music was formerly in NIN.... let me see if I can find it somewhere. I'm good at those sorts of things for whatever reason :ohwell:
  • ♥Faerie♥
    Options
    I know, it sounds so much like something they would have done.....with even more darkness.....I just LOVE it!!!!
  • ♥Faerie♥
    Options
    Ok, here is another twist...they were also mentioning this on the FX forums......

In regards to this clipper man.....

Maybe Tate was molested as a child....they did say tonights episode will contain a lot of rather upsetting details about real situations involving children, and we will find out why Tate is the way he is....

In the Family Portraits section on the FX website....one of the clues that it gives you with Tate is a pic of a little boy (assuming this is Tate), his hands held out to the side, with blood covering them...if you try to look down to his legs and feet, they kinda disappear...

So with that said, Maybe Tate cut off a certain body part with garden shears, making the image of the clipper man have a meaning, and also why he kinda freaked when Violet put her hand down there.....

Faerie *kitten* I love this show.....makes your mind work....
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    This line Tate said to Violet kinda stuck with me.

Tate: "I want to so badly and that's never happened to me. With a girl." (this was said on the beach when things were getting intimate and Tate backed off)

Violet then asked if he was gay and he defensively said no.

Just the way he paused and said "with a girl." there was definitly something behind that.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    Options
    So really this insane theory could be plausible.... Sad...very sad.....
    but of course, that's is what is so awesome about this show, it leaves so much for you to be able to draw your own conclusions, only to be completely wrong!
  • sirabe
    sirabe Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    That line also stuck with me too. I was like if not with a girl then with who or what then
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    i love everyones ideas so diff then mine and stuff love it
  • DebbieEdwards1020
    DebbieEdwards1020 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I love all the discussions too. So remember during the flashback when the baby was kidnapped, the cops came to their door with a box and the dad looked in it. I assume the baby had been cut up and put into different jars. Then the dad was in the basement sewing the baby together again? I also assume that's the baby that lives in the basement that killed the twins and scratched that mean girl's cheek. Am I way off base?