Sensa - does it work?

Options
Hi Everyone,
Has anyone tried Sensa or do you know someone who has and does it really work? I'm 52 in menopause and hungry all the time. I heard that losing hormones can make you feel this way. I've tried eating more protein, fiber, 6 small meals daily and water to fill me up. MFP has me on 1200 calories to lose 30 lbs, how am I ever going to do this feeling hungry all the time. I'm desperate to try anything but I don't want to waste my money. Any suggestions or ideas will be appreciated.
Thanks! Darlene :sad:

Replies

• monylove311
    monylove311 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Hi There!
    I thought about it too, but then I figured that if it really worked it would be a world wide sensation and we'd know about it. lol.

Anywho, maybe you should up your calories to 1400 for a bit and slowly bring it down as your weight comes down. You may be eating too few calories right now.

Good Luck, Monica
  • Darlene4prayers
    Darlene4prayers Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I thought about increasing my calories but didn't know if I would get good results or not. I wonder if I burn 200 calories daily if this would put me close to 1200. Thanks Monica for replying back. Darlene
  • jaxnjojosmama
    jaxnjojosmama Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I did try Sensa for about a month, but didn't really notice any significant changes in my eating habits or my degree of hunger. What I did find was that there were a LOT of foods/situations where using it was not very practical. But, since I only did the one-month trial, maybe I didn't give it a fair chance and it worked for others?

As for the calories... I have a very good friend who started MFP with me (my first go-round) about a year ago. Her target was 60 lbs and she lost steadily until she hit around pound 27 or 28 and then she plateau'd forever... we were talking about it one day and she mentioned that she was keeping herself under 1200 calories, working out every day, starving all the time, and frustrated. I suggested that she bump her calories up to 1400 for a few weeks just to see what happened. Week one she maintained, week two she lost 2 lbs! She kept her calories up and after about 6 more lbs lost, she increased her workout minutes by about 30 each week and she kept losing slowly - and was no longer starving! I think bumping your calories up to 1400 or so may be just the thing to get your body out of 'starvation' mode and back in to 'burn' mode!
  • Darlene4prayers
    Darlene4prayers Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I bumped my calories up to 1400 and I lost 2.5 lbs in one week. I know now that I don't have to starve myself to lose just eat healthy and exercise.