Day three challenge!

Options
shovav91
shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
Hey MFP! Yesterday's challenge went wonderfully- I'm so proud that you all took an extra five minutes out of your day to move your body. Remember, challenges aren't just for challenge day! If you feel up to it, do the extra five minutes today as well :D

Today's challenge:
Pick three important people in your life, and remind them just how important they are to you. It is so easy to take these people for granted, and leave them feeling unappreciated. Remind them that they are indeed greatly appreciated! You can do this face to face, through a letter, a phone call, or whatever other way you can think to express how much these people mean to you.

They will appreciate it, and it will give you a new lease on your relationship with them. Don't feel limited to three people, that is only the minimum! Keep me posted- I can't wait to hear how thankful those close to you are when you express yourself.

Make a great day! :D

Replies

• Mcctin65
    Mcctin65 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Good one!
    Of course, I at first thought of those it would be easier to tell. I may make it a little tougher and chose those I typically take for granted. We shall see.
    Good luck to all on this personally tough challenge!
  • llasto75
    Options
    That is so weird because I did this, this morning before I even read the post. My daugther is 13 and she is at that age where we just constantly butt heads and argue. I know we love each other but not always like each other so I took a few minutes this morning to text her how proud I am of her and how much I love her on her way to school. I love her with all my heart but WOW she is a challange sometimes, but she really is a GREAT child and I am so proud of her. Thanks 2 more to go!:wink:
  • monih10
    monih10 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    That's an easy one!! My son; daughter; and my husband are the 3 most important ppl in my life....they ARE my life.....thanks for reminding us not to take the people we love for granted!!
  • shovav91
    Options
    That's an easy one!! My son; daughter; and my husband are the 3 most important ppl in my life....they ARE my life.....thanks for reminding us not to take the people we love for granted!!

Make sure to remind them all how thankful you are for them :D They know it in their hearts, but it's nice to be reminded.
  • yadicarter
    Options
    Great challenge Elle =) I just did this with my mom this morning so two more to go...it will probably be like 5 ppl, because I still have my dad and two brothers & of course my boyfriend. They are all my life and I love them all so much. Can't wait til Thanksgiving to be with all of them at the same time =)
  • DebRives
    DebRives Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Done! :smile:
  • shovav91
    Options
    Great challenge Elle =) I just did this with my mom this morning so two more to go...it will probably be like 5 ppl, because I still have my dad and two brothers & of course my boyfriend. They are all my life and I love them all so much. Can't wait til Thanksgiving to be with all of them at the same time =)

Fantastic! I did more than three as well :D So far, my mom, dad, brother and best friend. They were all so ecstatic! It felt great.
  • ondogirl
    ondogirl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Teehee, my dogs came to mind first - is that weird? I love this challenge! Not sure how I missed yesterday's...

Anyway, I really need to think about this one - I'll be back!
  • Sarahaidensmom
    Options
    I just joined this group...and I'm glad I had a fairly easy one to start with, but also very important. :) I thought this group would be good to join because I need a little extra motivation in my life. Thanks!
  • TheHeidster
    Options
    Thank you for the comment yesterday! i enjoy your challenges every day ! I have completed the first two and after reading this i plan on doing the 3rd ! I think its great for your age just how much you have going for your self ~Keep on inspiring people :-D !
  • MissSharkattack
    MissSharkattack Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    This is such a good challenge!

I did two so far. I text and told my mom, and told my best friend Sam IRL.
    If I can break out the courage, Ill probably do more than three of these, as there are so many important people in my life.
  • bonnt
    bonnt Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I just told a newer girlfriend of mine yesterday! Does that still count?
    The next few will be my mom, my boyfriend, (daughter is only 3 months. I'll tell her but not count her). Maybe my dad, we're kinda on the outs right now.
  • shovav91
    Options
    Thank you for the comment yesterday! i enjoy your challenges every day ! I have completed the first two and after reading this i plan on doing the 3rd ! I think its great for your age just how much you have going for your self ~Keep on inspiring people :-D !

You are such a sweetheart! Thank you so much for participating in the challenges- every step is a step towards a healthier happier life :D
  • shovav91
    Options
    This is such a good challenge!

I did two so far. I text and told my mom, and told my best friend Sam IRL.
    If I can break out the courage, Ill probably do more than three of these, as there are so many important people in my life.

Fantastic! I'm sure they were thrilled :D
  • shovav91
    Options
    I just told a newer girlfriend of mine yesterday! Does that still count?
    The next few will be my mom, my boyfriend, (daughter is only 3 months. I'll tell her but not count her). Maybe my dad, we're kinda on the outs right now.

Maybe this is a good opportunity to resolve some issues with your dad. I recently did, and I've never felt better! It was a huge stress relief- I never realized how much energy holding a grudge took. No day but today- make a positive change :D I feel so much more at peace now that I did!
  • jlemoore
    jlemoore Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this challenge! I don't think the people in our lives get to hear how much we appreciate them. Spreading the love is nothing but good!
  • edisonswifey
    edisonswifey Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Loved todays challenge! We just sent two of our foster children home on Monday so this was a good opportunity to thank my dad and sis for their support and to thank my Husband for his dedication in our marriage. It also gave me an opportunity to be the "better person" and start fresh with my Mother in law. Thanks for this challenge. God is using you in my life in a BIG way. :smile:
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    That is so weird because I did this, this morning before I even read the post. My daugther is 13 and she is at that age where we just constantly butt heads and argue. I know we love each other but not always like each other so I took a few minutes this morning to text her how proud I am of her and how much I love her on her way to school. I love her with all my heart but WOW she is a challange sometimes, but she really is a GREAT child and I am so proud of her. Thanks 2 more to go!:wink:

AAAHH!! Mine is 13 too, and we butted heads this morning over her dog. She was the first one I thought of when I read this challenge. :)
  • Yakisoba
    Yakisoba Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    ... I can't think of three people.

What a sad life I live.
  • Yakisoba
    Yakisoba Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I thought of three. Sent them messages. =D