Wedding Photography

Options
godroxmysox
godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
I will be shooting a wedding on the 19th. I've done a couple before, but I'm looking for new creative ideas to capture the beauty of this wedding (she is a good friend of mine). Please share your favorite photos and ideas; or links to websites. I have a few ideas, but always looking for more =) TIA

Replies

• audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    If you have an opportunity to get above them, maybe on a balcony then this would be a cool idea....

have their bridesmaids and groomsman each pair up and circle around the bride and groom. Have the bride and groom in a slow dancing position but very still and then have each couple in the same dancing position but spinning or turning in place...then find a good slower shutter speed that will give you a look of the couples being slightly blurry as they turn but the couple still and in focus.

I hope I explained that well, but I saw a picture done like this and it really looked great!
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    My friends from college are superb modern photographers. I *wish* I had their eye. Check them out.... http://www.brandphotodesign.com/ They recently stopped doing wedding photos but if you search on their page for wedding you should get some links to old albums.
  • King_Bee
    King_Bee Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I think some of the best shots are from a perspective most don't get to see very often. Although I'm not sure how comfortable you are with experimenting with this since it's your friend's wedding. My buddy actually laid down on the ground at a wedding and took a photo on/from the floor with a rose pedal in the foreground and the couple in the background that looked great.
  • kbonamour
    kbonamour Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I always try to get a lot of details like the rings on top of the bouquet, the bride's shoes with the bouquet or with her necklace draped over them, close ups of the groom putting the ring on the bride's finger, etc. When you do all the posed photos, try to make sure the guys either cross their arms or put hands in their pockets- it looks WAY better than having arms dangling at their sides.
  • kbonamour
    kbonamour Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You can check out my wedding galleries at www.chaos-studios.smugmug.com/weddings
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    If you have an opportunity to get above them, maybe on a balcony then this would be a cool idea....

have their bridesmaids and groomsman each pair up and circle around the bride and groom. Have the bride and groom in a slow dancing position but very still and then have each couple in the same dancing position but spinning or turning in place...then find a good slower shutter speed that will give you a look of the couples being slightly blurry as they turn but the couple still and in focus.

I hope I explained that well, but I saw a picture done like this and it really looked great!

Hmm, I'm not sure if this would be possible, but what a great idea!
  • cathrinebock
    Options
    My favorite blog to check out for inspiration before I shoot a wedding is Chrisman Studios - http://benchrismanblog.com

Junebug Weddings is also a good source - They have a blog that showcases great wedding photography - http://junebugweddings.com/blogs/photobug