Leslie Sansone success stories

Options
VTGolden
VTGolden Posts: 24 Member
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to let you all know that prior to joining mfp, I started losing weight on my own three years ago. My starting weight was 186. I counted my calories and did a Leslie Sansone DVD 4 times per week religiously for about a year. I started with the 2 mile walk and worked my way up to the 5 mile. I lost about 35-40 pounds doing this and I felt great! Eventually I added outdoor walking/running and was able to complete a 5k walk/run, then run a 5k race, then a 10k rave and lastly a half marathon race!!! When people asked me how I did it, I told them with lots of help from my friend, Leslie! I always go back to my DVDs when the pounds start creeping up or when I need to cross train or recover from an injury.

Does anyone else have success stories??? I would love to hear them!

Replies

• CorinthiaB
    CorinthiaB Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    That is excellent! Congrats on your success. I didn't start using her dvds until this summer. My mom told me about her coworkers using it and how they had lost. I didn't like exercise but, now I like doing the walks with Leslie and they have motivated me to do more outdoors. I am working on my third walking challenge using her dvds.
  • queenbee917
    queenbee917 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have not had success, but I have the tapes and this encourages me to get started once again. I am glad that there is light at the end of the tunnel. I am going to start walking with Leslie and maybe one day soon I will be running the 5K.... Great job, how much did you lose in your 3 years of walking?
  • Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I just started this summer and love it. So far I am feeling much more tones in my butt and abs.

I started out my weight loss jouney just walking outside, which is great. But the sweat I get on with Leslie is amazing. Who would have thunk that walking on the spot in your own home could get you trimmer!?
  • VTGolden
    VTGolden Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have not had success, but I have the tapes and this encourages me to get started once again. I am glad that there is light at the end of the tunnel. I am going to start walking with Leslie and maybe one day soon I will be running the 5K.... Great job, how much did you lose in your 3 years of walking?

I had gotten down to 129 (57 pound loss) before I injured my achilles and fractured my shoulder this summer/fall. I have gained 10 pounds due to activity restriction and emotional eating since the accident. However, I am right back at it now! I am hoping to be at my goal again by Christmas!
  • magicsd77
    Options
    great job! i am always interested in how much weight people lose with leslie and how long it took them. I have been doing her dvds since September, and really haven't lost that much, but i feel better. I have lost 5 pounds.
  • Lesliecs
    Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    So glad I found this group! I love Leslie Sansone. Almost ALL of my exercise comes from walking with her. Due to a knee injury and surgery, I cannot do high ipact exercises, but I seem to be able to do just fine with Leslie's walking DVD's. My cable company also has 4 of our workouts on their on-demand free channel so I am able to alternate between about 6 different workouts. I walk with her faithfully at least 6 days a week. I started my walking program about a month ago.

My success is this..... I started with the 1-mile walk and have worked up to 3 miles. My goal is to walk the total 5 miles at one time, but not quite there yet.

I know that the walking has helped me lose inches and some lbs because I basically wasn't getting much exercise at all (except some Wii Fit).

Looking forward to spending some time here with fellow walkers! :happy:
  • missjaynne
    missjaynne Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    In 2010, I used her tapes religiously for several consecutive months. I believe I had over 225 miles logged in when I got away from doing it. I too, didn't see alot of results weight wise then but I also didn't change my eating habits back then and thought I still could indulge in all the sweets and carbs I wanted. Now since signing on to MFP this week, writing down and keeping track of what I have been eating and being accountable that way, plus exercising, I hope to have better results this time around. Which brings me to a question for all of you.........I usually do the 2 miles walk where the stretchy band is used. I have a neck and jaw that really gets aggravated when I use the band for the upper body. Do any of you know how to use the band for the lower half of the body? Know of any way to use it to slim the waist, legs and butt? Any info is greatly appreciated!
  • krenwren
    krenwren Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I think her most recent "5 really big miles" has a mile with lower body excercises with the band. She does squats and lunges--great work out!

3085597.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • princessf1
    princessf1 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I consider myself a LS Success story. A year ago I weighed 220 lbs - I was mortified when I saw myself from the side by accident and when I stepped on the scale at the Dr's office the following week and it said 220 ( I didn't even own a scale - could have cared less ).

I signed up for weight watchers online the middle of February and my sister told me about Leslie, she had been doing a Walk Away the Pounds from a videotape and had lost 20 lbs in about a year. So I bought Walk Slim 3 fast miles ( I think that was my first! I have 16 now ), learned how to change my eating habits, track everything and get those walks in!

Long story short and 37 lbs later, and now a MFP, calorie counting addict, YES, her workouts get results. Yes, my progress looks slow, but change takes time and my eating habits are 100% better than they were a year ago. This is a journey, not a race, I have heard that so many times in the past year, but it's true. I feel great and the muscles in my legs are amazing. I have since added other strength and cardio workouts to my routine but I thank Leslie everyday for motivating and inspiring me and no matter what other workout I do, I always walk 1-5 miles with her as well because I know it works.

Now if I can just loose the horrific roll in my lower stomach. :ohwell: But working on it.

Love this group and seeing what walks you are doing!
  • jessica_johnson2011
    jessica_johnson2011 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I love reading these success stories! :) Great work!!! Has anyone else seen results? I've just started doing her videos!
  • Taymay75
    Taymay75 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I love reading these success stories! :) Great work!!! Has anyone else seen results? I've just started doing her videos!

I'm like you. I love reading the success stories. It helps me to know that I can get weight loss results using Leslie's DVDs.
  • paisley2288
    paisley2288 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    Since I started doing her videos, about a month ago, I've lost 8 pounds.
  • pittures
    pittures Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Since I started doing her videos, about a month ago, I've lost 8 pounds.

that's excellent!
  • Taymay75
    Options
    @paisley...awesome!
  • paisley2288
    paisley2288 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
  • mommy2two07
    mommy2two07 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I have read about people increasing the intensity of a Leslie Sansone workout by holding weights etc. but are Leslie workouts enough to shape my body ? Can i get to my goal with these or will I have to start doing harder more intense workouts ? Are these enough to tone and shape my body ?
  • Taymay75
    Options
    I have read about people increasing the intensity of a Leslie Sansone workout by holding weights etc. but are Leslie workouts enough to shape my body ? Can i get to my goal with these or will I have to start doing harder more intense workouts ? Are these enough to tone and shape my body ?

I found this Leslie Sansone testimony from a Sparks member. She added another non-Leslie DVD for tone/shaping after 3 months, but she lost 60 pounds using LS as her primary cardio.

http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/fitness_articles.asp?id=1212
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

I found this Leslie Sansone testimony from a Sparks member. She added another non-Leslie DVD for tone/shaping after 3 months, but she lost 60 pounds using LS as her primary cardio.

http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/fitness_articles.asp?id=1212

Wow! This is very inspiring. I'm lucky, I don't have any medical issues to speak of ..... I need to get off my butt more.