Wedding Themes :)

Options
Hey everyone! I thought since this is a brides to be group it'd be fun to hear alittle more about everyone's weddings and their theme.

My weddings about two years away but we're getting alot of the planning out of the way now so it'll be less stressful the closer we get! My theme is Colorado Mountain Wedding with a special emphasis on butterflies and wild flowers!

What's your theme??

Replies

• mbarnesm001
    Options
    If I had to put at theme to my wedding it would be Simple and Elegant. Were doing it ourselves on a $3,000 budget so we can't get to extravagant.
  • fae713
    fae713 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    We don't really have a theme. I'm refusing to do much planning beyond the absolute necessities because, well, I don't do so well with such things. We're not even going to have a reception the same day as the wedding. It's going to be a few months later and that may have some sort of theme, but most likely not.

As it is now, the largest purchase for us is going to be the cloaks we ordered since we want our wedding to be outside in the mountains in March. It'll either be nice or snowing, either way they'll be nice to have. We're also both nerds/geeks and are big fans of fantasy, sci-fi, steampunk, RPG, and rennaisance festival type things so if anything we'll be leaning in the direction of that sort of not quite real fantasy or rennaisance theme, sans the decorations or obvious attire. I want the meadow and woods and water and snow (hopefully recent but not blizzarding) to be our decorations. I have as of yet to decide if I want to try to have a fire going as well since that would probably be nice for the guests since many won't be so well prepared with awesome wool cloaks. ;-)
  • puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Since I just got engaged I haven't really decided on a theme yet but I like spa and earthy colors. Simple and elegant for me too. Im pretty sure we will be on a budget as well so we will do a lot of beautiful diy projects. I don't want to go into debt for a wedding so I won't be too extravagant. I also want family to be my theme. I will only have one friend in my wedding party and the rest family. Family is forever and friends come and go. Would love some ideas on how to incorporate all our fav fam members if anyone has any =D
  • kjporter83
    kjporter83 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Ours is going to be kind of like an Italian/winery/vineyard type theme. Going to use empty wine bottles and grapes for parts of the centerpieces, and flowers will be deep purples with some dark red. B-maids dresses will be short and black. The wedding itself will be outside, and then the dinner for the reception will be an Italian buffet.
  • JDRBT
    JDRBT Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Do you only have to have 1 theme? lol

Our theme is "us". Really. I'm carrying a peacock fan instead of flowers, our centerpieces will probably be asian inspired, my gown is having Hidden Mickey's sown on it...

So I guess it's just "us"! And since we're a cohesive team - I'm sure it'll come together beautifully in the end. :)
  • Shash27
    Shash27 Posts: 172
    Options
    Not really a theme..but we're getting married in the mountains (ceremony by a lake and reception in the lake house which is essentially a modern cabin). So I'm going with a "rustic chic" look. Glamourous yet outdoorsy. We'll be using a lot of local wildflowers and our caterer is doing a cake stand made of an aspen tree trunk and carving our initials into it with a heart around it :-) Things like that.
  • puggleperson
    Options

Our theme is "us". Really. I'm carrying a peacock fan instead of flowers, our centerpieces will probably be asian inspired, my gown is having Hidden Mickey's sown on it...

So I guess it's just "us"! And since we're a cohesive team - I'm sure it'll come together beautifully in the end. :)

I love your theme!!! It's your day! I hope to make our wedding very "us" as well... It's not going ot be very traditional at all just like "us"!!! haha
  • puggleperson
    Options
    Not really a theme..but we're getting married in the mountains (ceremony by a lake and reception in the lake house which is essentially a modern cabin). So I'm going with a "rustic chic" look. Glamourous yet outdoorsy. We'll be using a lot of local wildflowers and our caterer is doing a cake stand made of an aspen tree trunk and carving our initials into it with a heart around it :-) Things like that.

We are doing something similar with the carvings. I saved something like this long before I was even engaged cause I liked it so much. This isn't exactly it because I'm not on the right computer but regardless I am going to try and make them myself ;D
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/68587171/12-birch-bark-covered-glass-vases?ref=sr_gallery_1&ga_search_submit=&ga_search_query=carved+initials,+birch+bark&ga_order=most_relevant&ga_ship_to=US&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade
  • Londaloo
    Londaloo Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    We are still figuring out a specific theme but we are looking for unique - something non-traditional and very memorable. Perhaps a vineyard or a barn.
  • shannon1120
    shannon1120 Posts: 28 Member
    Options

I love the aspen tree trunk cake stand. I recently saw one with tea light holder drilled into the trunk as well
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Mines a more glamorous/elegant theme. It's going to be at night time (ceremony starts at 6) so we wanted it to have a very elegant feel to it. Our colors are plum, pewter, ivory, and black. We're very lucky to have the people we have around us. My god father is an interior designer so he's planning the wedding/reception/decoration at no cost to us. It's really fortunate. Lot's of our stuff is DIY but beautiful!
  • CharleeA
    Options
    WE havent so much got a 'theme' more of a colour scheme - sage green and chcoclate brown (sounds hideous but it goes together lovely!!) We have incorporated the chocolate brown as we are getting married the weekend before easter!! I havent really planned anything else Im trying not to until next year - I want to enjoy christmas first! Lots of lovely themes and ideas on here! x
  • mtaylor404
    mtaylor404 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm having a pretty traditional Catholic wedding. And the reception is going to be pretty "vintage-y". It will be in an old mansion (at one point used for a temporary white house for Coolidge when the real one was under renovation!) It is going to be pretty "classic DC".
  • Naomi113
    Naomi113 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Hi every one... lovely planning and themes ladies... We are having a garden wedding( soft romantic style)our dress style is gypsy/medieval, our colour theme is white/silver and different soft purples with a few pinks. We are having a butterfly theme as for us its a meaning of new beginnings in our next chapter of life together with our children. I have hand made a lot of my centre pieces, placement cards, butterflies etc as Im very crafty and love doing things like that..
    Reception is at a lovely golf course ... and my fav bit is were having a horse and carriage!! it was a must for the wedding...

I'm seeing my cake lady this saturday (only person I'm yet to organise prices etc with ) which will be exciting i have booked every thing paid all deposits and now its just a waiting game really until it gets closer and I hope to lose more weight :bigsmile:
    wedding is on 8th spetember 2012 just under 10mth wait i think now it is LOL yes im counting down hahahaha:blushing:
  • Naomi113
    Options

hahah only way to have it hun.. If its you's all the better last thing you want is a wedding that you do not like at all.. its your day have it how you like i say!!!
  • Naomi113
    Options

omg what an awesome cake idea how lovely!!! we are having a small cake on top with cup cakes and butterflies lol.... that would be awesome to see your cake after you special day!!
  • Naomi113
    Options
    Mines a more glamorous/elegant theme. It's going to be at night time (ceremony starts at 6) so we wanted it to have a very elegant feel to it. Our colors are plum, pewter, ivory, and black. We're very lucky to have the people we have around us. My god father is an interior designer so he's planning the wedding/reception/decoration at no cost to us. It's really fortunate. Lot's of our stuff is DIY but beautiful!

Amazing coloyr scheme love it!!! and how lucky !!!!!
  • BRISAjustAltered
    BRISAjustAltered Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    My wedding's theme is chocolate berries. Color scheme is red, brown and beige. I don’t have much time to plan it, but I’m sure everything will be great! I’m so excited.
  • Naomi113
    Options
    My wedding's theme is chocolate berries. Color scheme is red, brown and beige. I don’t have much time to plan it, but I’m sure everything will be great! I’m so excited.

when your date hun?? love the colour scheme .. are you having it in doors out???
  • _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    I know I am a little behind on this one, but I'm joining in anyway.

We are doing a fun, bright colored theme that really encompasses the fun, freee spirited "us." Each of our bridesmaids will be in a different bubblegum color (bright pink, green, blue and purple). Table clothes are black with runners alternating from table to table matching the colors of the bridesmaids. Our centerpieces are three different sized vessels with candy in them (also the take home gift). It's really fun! :)