hi everyone!

Options
claram5415
claram5415 Posts: 512 Member
I am becoming a vegetarian for health reasons and because I'm lactose intolerant, I'm really becoming a vegan. I say becoming because I'll be doing fine for a couple of weeks and then wind up in a situation where I will eat a hamburger or chicken. Working on making those events rarer and rarer. Have a bit of weight to lose and I know more fruits and veggies and less junk will take care of that. MFP helps me stay on track . Hope to make friends so add me if you like.

Replies

• Kikilicious84
    Options
    Hey! Good luck on your journey. I'm not a vegan I'm a "lacto-ovo" Veg BUT I wanted to let you know that Burger King sells the MorningStar Farms Veggie burgers and they are really good. If you are out and hungry you can always head there...or Moes...Moes Southwest Grill does tofu and you can get their food "to go."

Can you pin point what causes you to break down and eat meat again?
  • CassOfAllTrades
    CassOfAllTrades Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I admit, when I'm out with friends sometimes it's just easier to order meat/dairy. Up here in Alaska, it seems like EVERYONE eats meat and I'm tired of getting questioned and then lectured about how "stupid" being vegan is. I finally decided to just stop eating out. If I want dinner with friends I make it here. I've made a few dinners that people thought had meat and didn't. :)
  • claram5415
    claram5415 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I think the reason I'll grab a burger is just convenience. I don't crave the meat. I had been eating the Veggie Burgers at BK, but they are so high in sodium that I stopped. However, eating the fries at Wendys is high in sodium too. At BK, I can get the apple "fries" which are a healthier alternative. You've made me stop and think about this and I think I'll be hitting BK next time I run out without my lunch. Thanks!