Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Who are you? :)

drjennelle
drjennelle Posts: 138 Member
A little bit about me...

My name is Jennelle Yopchick, I'm 27 years old living in Boston with my boyfriend John of 10 years and our two kids...err I mean cats (I always forget there's a difference). I'm currently finishing my PhD at Northeasten University in Experimental Psychology, studying clinical reasoning about mental disorders and treatments. I recently just began my dream job working in the health and fitness industry, helping people to lose weight through a science-based weight management program while simultaneously teaching fitness classes at night! I am just in the training phase for this dream job while finishing school, but am LOVING everything I'm learning about nutrition and fitness and will definitely be sharing lots of info with you all!

I have a lot of passion, and in the past I put my passion into theater and sailing, but now my outlet has become health and fitness. I am an extremely firm believer that a healthy person requires both mental and physical strength, and one without the other will never suffice.

I find a lot of joy in both helping other people and learning as much as I possibly can from them - I hope if you're reading this you'll become one of those people in my life very soon :)

*Jennelle*

"Being mindful is really working out"

Replies

• Well hello there Jennelle! haha :)
    I am Nicole and I am 26 years old and I from Windsor, CT. I live with my husband, Chris (Happy Veteran's Day babe!) and our good friend Brian (until he can get back on his feet financially). We have a dog, Bender and a cat named Fry and they are our "children" as well! I graduated with a degree in Criminal Justice but after working for a financial company to make some extra cash I decided I was tired of making rich people more rich and I quit my job and decided to go back to school to become an RN. I also work per diem at a Nursing Home which isn't a bad gig either. A little extra pocket money never hurt anyone! :)

I am the queen of yo-yo dieting I think! I always go full force on something then I have a mild slip up and I throw all of my hard work away and say F*it! This time I hope to really step up my workout game and dedicate myself to become healthy and really loving how I look again!

I'm very excited to be joining this bootcamp again and I really hope we have a lot of participants. The more motivation the better! :)

"Nothing changes if nothing changes"

~*~Nikki~*~
  • nelsons417
    nelsons417 Posts: 10 Member
    Hey everyone, I'm Sandy Nelson. I'm 26 and married for just over a year to my high school love Mike. We have a crazy cat named Cheetarah who is an endless source of entertainment. I just finished my Master's Degree in Exercise Science from Univ. of Delaware, where I studied motor control/development in children. I recently moved back to Manchester Connecticut with Mike and I'm hoping I can get a full time job around here. With no full time job, however, I am working two part time jobs (substituting and coaching/lifeguard at my YMCA) so things are crazy!

I see myself as the out of shape athlete: I played several sports when I was younger, but never worked out or thought about my eating. Over about 10 years, I've managed to transform into the not-so-athletic athlete.

In terms of weight loss attempts, I struggle most with my drive, being honest with myself and my stress level. All of theses are impacted the more weight I gain. I know that I am the master of excuses, and I've always made excuses of "no time" and "no money" and "no (fill in some other lame excuse)" for working out. Although I work two jobs and do have stress, I know that I need to make the change and now is the time!

My friend Nicole (cngeier) told me about the Holiday Bootcamp and I'm ready to really make the lifelong changes needed so I can be the healthy and happy person I know I am on the inside!

Thanks!
    Sandy
  • MermaidFaith
    MermaidFaith Posts: 495 Member
    Hi everyone! My name is Faith and i'm twenty-nine, soon to be thirty in a few weeks. I am originally from Central Florida, but have lived in Indiana for the past ten years. I also have an awesome guy, mine plays GUITAR woo hoo! And we also have our own little babies, two dachshunds (Zero and Zoey) and a mini poodle (Stella)
    I've been up down with my weight for a long time, but recently its been up up till i hit 200, now i'm trying to get to 135. I know its possible Ive done it before,
    I'm glad i came across this challenge, it will definately help motivate me. today i drank like 23 cups of water!
    Thanks!

edit to say: Stella is the chillaxin poodle in my progress bar
  • Hi Everyone,
    My name is Donna, Im 42......married with 3 sons, only our youngest is still home, he is 19. I am from Windsor Canada originally but since meeting and marrying my husband, vie lived in Macomb Michigan. We have 2 dogs, a yorkie and a chihuhua that keep us busy.
    I work full time as an HR Director, and am very active with great friends and the many charitable events our company is involved in. I am excited to be part of this challenge and to be working towards a healthy goal weight. I've been carrying an extra 25 pounds or so for a couple years and finally have vowed to do something about it. I am tired of feeling tired and getting stressed out over not fitting into my clothes and having nothing to wear for special nights out,....feeling fat really holds me back.
    Good luck to everyone
  • gdb86
    gdb86 Posts: 126 Member
    Hi Holiday Bootcampers!

I'm Geri, 25 and I like long walks on the beach.... (Sorry, I couldn't help it - it fit too perfectly! Haha) I am currently living in Florida and I work as a Graphic Designer/Portrait Artist, Make-up artist, and I also work at a wonderful adult painting studio where you bring the wine and I teach you how to paint (it's awesome if you haven't tried it! No previous painting is required!) I'm looking to move to a new bigger city in the very VERY near future and hopefully I'm going to switch careers. I'm kind of dabbling right now and trying to figure out exactly what road I want to take. My personal life has been more than a bit complicated and the move will hopefully straighten things out in that department! With all of that said, the personal problems mixed with career path dilemmas plus other life stress has really taken a toll on me in the past few months and I decided to push through regardless of how hard it is/will be - so here I am! No excuses when you want a healthy lifestyle even when you're going through a tough time. So, I'm trying to challenge myself and hopefully find support and accountability here. I also am a firm believer in learning from other people and I can't wait to hear more about everyone else's weight loss journeys plus tips and tricks (and offer some of my own!) I'm big on motivation and I try to constantly get my mind in the right place to be able to push through the hard times, so hopefully I can sprinkle a little of that on these boards too to help anyone out in the need of a little oomph!

Happy losing to everyone! :)

"When something bad happens you have three choices. You can either let it define you. Let it destroy you, or you can let it strengthen you." - My newest mantra!
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Hello there fellow bootcampers!!

My name is Bethany and I'm 29. I am a single mama to 2 kiddos...6 and 4. I have juggled working full-time, going to school full-time, and the kids so I know that I can handle getting my health in check. I have been the chubby kid most of my life but would really like to make that change today. I want to be healthy for myself and my kids. I look forward to working closely with the rest of you so that we can make this happen!! Changes are a coming!! And what better way to ring in 2012 than to be a few sizes smaller!

Geri - loved the intro!!
  • It is so wonderful to meet you all! I'm glad we have so many people working together to heal motivate and give tips to one another! Lets all kick some butt!!!!! (and lose some butt)