my best friend is skinny!

Options
annabellj
annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
I am trying hard not to compare myself with her but it is difficult. If we go for lunch she eats whatever she wants and I have salad or soup when I want what she is having! Is it better to quit doing food related things or do I suck it up and eat what I know will help me reach a healthier weight and not worry about what she is doing? She is 4 inches shorter than me but about 60 lbs lighter.

Replies

• reenymac
    reenymac Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I think you have to suck it up and eat what's best. I know it's not easy, but you know it will be better for you in the long run... Two of my good friends are ridiculously skinny, and I don't mean that in the sense that they are too skinny or don't look well, they look great but I can't even imagine getting to their size, even the goal I have set myself doesn't get me close to that and so it is hard when I see them tuck into absolutely anything.. problem is I don't do what you do I do eat what they eat and see where that's got me LOL
  • fallenangelloves
    fallenangelloves Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Is she healthy? I mean skinny doesn't always mean healthy and the choices you are making for yourself now are healthy ones right? Be proud of that, knowing you are eating the way you are to improve your health and quality of life!

Because to be honest, that's like saying you can't go out to eat with over weight people that AREN'T trying to lose because you might make them look bad...

Just be proud of what you are doing for you!
  • annabellj
    Options
    thanks ladies. she is a smoker so no I wouldnt consider that healthy but she works out a lot but she eats a lot of crap also. Has is issues with digestion also. so thanks for putting it into perspective for me! I know what I am doing is healthy the right way. I still indulge sometimes when I am with her but for the most part I find I feel too guilty after to continue that way. I would rather have a small treat daily than splurge on one indulgent meal. seems to work a lot better for me.
  • annabellj
    Options
    I
    Because to be honest, that's like saying you can't go out to eat with over weight people that AREN'T trying to lose because you might make them look bad...

[/quote
    I love what you wrote because I have another friend who needs to lose a lot more than I do and I dont feel guilty when I order the right thing and she always overeats the wrong thing!
    And she has a lot of health problems that should make her more aware of needing to get healthier
  • Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    thanks ladies. she is a smoker so no I wouldnt consider that healthy but she works out a lot but she eats a lot of crap also. Has is issues with digestion also. so thanks for putting it into perspective for me! I know what I am doing is healthy the right way. I still indulge sometimes when I am with her but for the most part I find I feel too guilty after to continue that way. I would rather have a small treat daily than splurge on one indulgent meal. seems to work a lot better for me.
    good luck and congrats on what you have already accomplished!! And i think they are right and i felt that isa great way to look at it. I mean she must not be eating right to have digestive problems. And i was smoking to i quit!! But hoever smoking makes my skin look terrible, you have a wonderful glow and you are a picture of health it looks like to me!! You are beautiful! I try not to compare to others to much because we have to just be the best we can be, that is what i have to make myself say ... it help lol
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Is there another activity you can do together? Maybe tennis or even shopping? If it's discouraging going out for a meal together then do something else, just until you feel you have enough control.