How do you log your workouts

Options
how do you log your watpdvds...as walking or aerobics or marching...i am so confused. :huh:

Replies

• eshaver
    eshaver Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I log mine as Aerobics, Low Impact. It's probably a low estimate on some of the more intense DVD's but I prefer to underestimate the calories I have burned to be safe.
  • rebsaganes
    rebsaganes Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I use a heart rate monitor and add the exercise as the video w/hrm.
  • Lesliecs
    Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I don't have an HRM. I log mine as walking.. depending on which DVD. If I do that 12-minute mile, that is walking at 5mph, if I do that 15-minute mile, I log it as the 4mph walk. (60 minutes/12 = 5 or 60/15 = 4). Somebody else told me to do it that way. It may not be exact, but hopefully it's close.
  • Kmarr32010
    Kmarr32010 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I always log mine as walking and then just change the speed depending on the level of intensity in the video.
  • CorinthiaB
    CorinthiaB Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I have a HRM. I saw some logging as general aerobics. I do know results are not typical but, I research and found that for each mile walked during Leslie you should burn 100 calories. It has been true for me using the HRM. Sometime if I push myself I can burn a few over 100 a mile.
  • Barbieofborg
    Barbieofborg Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I guess I need a hrm
  • CalderaGal
    Options
    Can we contact MFP and ask them to add Leslie Sansone?
  • CalderaGal
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/393895-please-add-leslie-sansone

Go to the above link and "DITTO" my request that they add LS workouts to the EXERCISE section.

THANKS!!
  • PinUpGirlAtHeart
    PinUpGirlAtHeart Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I log mine as walking and since it's a very brisk pace where you do 4 and 5 mph, but it doesn't say exactly how long of each when I do the whole 5 miles workout, I just put it at 4.5 mph.
  • williamsge
    williamsge Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I log mine in by creating an exercise for which ever DVD I'm doing and put the calories burned per my Bodymedia Fit armband.
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Until my HRM is delivered, I log it as low impact aerobics.
  • helper1112
    helper1112 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I use a heart rate monitor and use that to create my own exercise. I then give it the name of the DVD I am doing and have it as cardio. I then enter the time and calories burned and it stores that as an exercise I can pull up everytime I do the dvd