Advice

Options
I'm telling myself this is not a big deal, but I had my weigh-in this morning and went up .4 lbs. I know, I know, it's only .4. But this past week I only went over in my daily calories once, and exercised all but one day. I have not been measuring my neck, waist and hips, so I'm going to start doing that. Any other ideas on why I didn't lose, even though I feel I had a good week? I have been doing a lot more strength-training exercises, so that might very well be it - muscle weighs more than fat. I've been doing a lot of sit-ups, crunches, push ups, lunges, etc....not just aerobic stuff.

Sounds like I'm convincing myself!

Tanya

Replies

• koylefam
    koylefam Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I am a daily weigher because of this same reason. I never see a consistent drop weighing on a certain day of the week... (like every friday) .. So I weigh daily then average the weight (add all days and divide by 7) and that shows so mych more than just weighing in the same day every week.... may not work for everyone but it works for me
  • MommyMiles
    MommyMiles Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Take your measurements. When I lost 25 LBS last year, I lost the BULK of that in the first three months, and then slowly my rate of loss declined, BUT I was still shrinking and losing sizes. I didn't do my measurements, but I was doing a lot of weight training and toning everything up. My pants were literally falling off, but I was only losing fractions of LBS a week. This time, I did my measurements before I started. I think those are truer to our body size.

I do not have a digital scale... My hubby bought a dial one last week (my digital scale broke somewhere around 145 LBS last year while I was gaining, which I am sure added to the onslaught of even MORE weight). I need to get a digital one, though. So, my weekly lost needs to be at least a pound for the difference to show on the scale. I weigh in once a week on Mondays. Once, I fget a digital scale, I may do an average like Koylefam.
  • GetMySkiniBack
    Options
    Thanks, ladies. I'm going to do both - weigh more often and measure. I've already logged my measurements this morning, so I'll measure again next week. Have a great weekend!
  • stemen2011
    stemen2011 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I had my husband take my scale away and he only gives me it wednesday mornings. i was weighing in 10+ times a day and was getting depressed with the daily fluctuations even with .1 and .2