Workout Routine?

Options
So what have ya'll been doing for workouts? Right now my week looks like this more or less: swim once a week, cardio (running or elliptical) 3-4 times a week and Jillian's 30 Day Shred once or twice a week. (But she's horrible and I get mad every time she makes me do any weight training at all!)

Replies

• kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    I have a problem with routines.. I believe I have ADD and I get really bored easily so I pretty much do something new or different every day! I like to go to my gym when the aerobics room is not being used and set up a circuit-type thing for myself. For example, yesterday I made a few different stations (a step with a lot of risers under it, a jump rope, a 20 pound dumbbell) and I set a timer on my phone. It's an app I have that you can program to any intervals you want.) So for 1 minute I do SOMETHING and then I rest for 15 seconds. I did this for 45 minutes total. I did some sprints, some step-ups, jumping jacks, jump rope, walking lunges, woodchopper, boxing with 5# weights, and I can't remember the rest! basically I just keep busy and keep my feet moving for 45 minutes!

I also really like Spinning class and Zumba, I try to do one of those classes a week, usually on the weekend.

I have some good weight lifting programs and I sometimes get on a kick of doing those, and some weeks I do nothing.. I really should get more on a schedule with that.

Finally, I run. I have run two half marathons this year and I have one coming up in March. I HATE running but I KNOW it's really good for me and that's why I do it. I like finishing and I have a lot of friends that run so I want to hang out with them. :)
  • l00zrr
    l00zrr Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I run every few days, but I won't be doing that for long lol.
    I'm getting ready to start my new job, and it's basically walking around, up and down four flights of stairs, for ten hours.

Lucky me, I know :P
  • reneeileen
    reneeileen Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I run/elliptical 4 times a week, weight train 2 times a week (I need to up this), and I do Zumba twice a week. I've been working up to working out six days a week for several months now and it is feeling good now.
  • mtaylor404
    mtaylor404 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am a Zumba instructor 2 times a week and I usually run 3 times a week and lift weights once or twice a week. I go on spurts where I will do more, but that is the standard.
  • afwife4811
    afwife4811 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Over the summer I was walking 2-4 miles a day every day but now that cold weather and snow have set in I am at a loss. I would like to go to the gym but we have 1 vehicle now and usually Joe has it at work, and when he gets home I'd much rather spend time with him then work out. So I am trying to talk him into letting me get a treadmill and elliptical for the basement. He and I were going to the gym every day at 5 am but then I went bcd to work and we stopped doing that. :(
    But I love shoveling snow, so anytime it snows I get a good work out there because we have a pregnant lady next door so I try to beat her husband and kids out there to shovel her driveway. All my workout videos and WII fit are still in Maine until April (when we go home for our wedding) so I don't even have those :(( UGG the more I think about it, this weight loss is going to be harder than before but I know I can do it.
  • spleasan24
    spleasan24 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to rotate between upper body strength, cardio, lower body and cardio.

My workouts are home based DVDs and include beachbody Turbo Fire, Jillian Michael's ripped in 30 and killer buns and thighs

I really really want to have toned wedding arms for my strapless dress!!
  • fitjunk
    fitjunk Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Just finished 30DS! I will probably do Ripped next. I like to do workouts on my treadmill a couple times a week, varying the incline% and speed throughout the workout.I just bought some heavier weights to start lifting with as well.
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I would like to work out more often than I do, but I usually am able to go to the gym 3 times per week....

At the gym, I tend to either:
    -jog or walk on the treadmill (depending on my energy level)-I would much rather jog outside (I find it more entertaining), but it is getting colder & colder, and darker earlier
    -use the elliptical trainer from 30 min to 1 hr
    -use the arc trainer (elliptical cross trainer) for 45 min to 1 hr
    -use the weight machines (usually only once or twice a week for about 10-15 min)

When I first started out (plus during the winter) I incorporated more of the at home DVDs:
    -30 Day Shred
    -Walk Away The Pounds
    -Zumba (beginner)
  • GMPetti82
    GMPetti82 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am a Zumba instructor as well, and I teach 3-4 classes a week. I also just started a Ripped in 30 (Jillian Michaels) challenge. There's a group on here with a bunch of people checking in on their workout.

Also, for my weight routines, I hate trying to think of exercises, so I use an app on my iPhone, Gain Fitness. I tell it what I want to work, my intensity, how long I have, what equipment I have access to, and my goal (fat burning, muscle building, etc) and it puts together a routine for me.
  • skinnycap31
    Options
    I've dusted off some of my old workout DVDs; one of them being TaeBo. I use 2lbs hand weights & in combination with "30 day shred "DVD by Jillian Micheals. I workout out 5 days a week. I prefer to workout inside my house for now. Every now and then, my fiance' and I would go walking for an hour after dinner, but we haven't done that consistently. I guess my routine depends on what i'm into in the moment.