Stretchy band

Options
missjaynne
missjaynne Posts: 17 Member
I posted basically this same question under another topic and got no response so trying it here...............
I have the stretchy band and use it while doing the 2 mile walk tape. However, I have problems with my neck and jaw and the upper body exercises using the band sometimes aggravates my problem. I have oftenn wondered if anyone knows how to use the stretchy band, how to hold it, where to "fasten" it, for doing the lower body, such as the waistline, legs and butt. Anyone know what exercises/how to use the band that way????????:smile:

Replies

• AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Do you have workouts that requires the stretchy bands or do you just want to use stretchy bands? Leslie has some workouts that comes with stretchy bands and she shows everyone where to put them for the workout.

If the bands are giving you problems, maybe you should just do the workouts without the bands for a while. Let your body get use to the moves first and then slowly incorporate the bands to see how that works.
  • missjaynne
    Options
    I have her tapes where she uses the stretchy bands to tone the muscles in the arms, upper body. I just thought maybe someone has either seen or knows how to use them for the lower body, to tighten the butt, reduce the waistline and legs. Example, step on one end and hold down with your feet and pull up and bend over to stretch the waistline. Anyone tried that? I am afraid it will snap me in the face.............
  • AZackery
    Options
    I have her tapes where she uses the stretchy bands to tone the muscles in the arms, upper body. I just thought maybe someone has either seen or knows how to use them for the lower body, to tighten the butt, reduce the waistline and legs. Example, step on one end and hold down with your feet and pull up and bend over to stretch the waistline. Anyone tried that? I am afraid it will snap me in the face.............

It will not slap you in the face. If you don't mind doing Pilates. This is a good one to get that uses a stretchy band. I have this workout. Press play and you will see the exercises.

10 Minute Solution: Slim & Sculpt Pilates
    http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/10-minute-solution-slim-and-sculpt-pilates-7842
  • missjaynne
    Options
    Oh my gosh, that is exactly what I was looking for, thank you so much! So if I go to buy a pilates video this is on, what is the name of it? You said you have this one?
  • AZackery
    Options
    Oh my gosh, that is exactly what I was looking for, thank you so much! So if I go to buy a pilates video this is on, what is the name of it? You said you have this one?

The name is 10 Minute Solution: Slim and Sculpt Pilates-with Pilates Band. I bought mine from Amazon. I have gotten this one. It came with two bands.

http://www.amazon.com/10-Minute-Solution-Sculpt-Pilates/dp/B002BI4JHE/ref=sr_1_13?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1321228258&sr=1-13

This one only has one band.

http://www.amazon.com/10-Minute-Solution-Pilates--Pilates/dp/B000S1MM84/ref=sr_1_3?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1321228245&sr=1-3
  • missjaynne
    Options
    I had my hubby order it online last night and that is the one he ordered from Amazon, I believe. He said it should be here this week so I am excited!! I was using the band from the Leslie Sansone dvd last night, not sure of the "move" but I could sure feel it in my legs so hopefully this will be good for me. Thanks so much for your response and help!!:happy:
  • AZackery
    Options
    You are welcome.
  • KelleFlr
    KelleFlr Posts: 142
    Options
    I like to put the band under my feet when she does the side steps, good for inner and outer thigh.
    You step on it, pull up on the extra to the resistance you like and step left and right. make sense?
    I also have a band with handles that is green, not sure what resistance that is, medium I think. I will lie on my side and use the band for side leg lifts, you can put your toe thru the handle and do kick backs for the butt.
    I like the idea posted before with the link for pilates... thanks I will look into that too,