Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Pastor's Kids

ilookthetype
ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
While I was reading through the introductions I noticed that there were quite a few of us who were raised by pastors/Reverends/ministers.

My dad is a Reverend of a small conservative Methodist church in a small and bigoted town. I've never fully come out to my parents, I keep trying to bring it up and they continue to make it clear that they understand I "might" be a little into women "on the side" but I am not to actually say the words, "I'm bi and ladies are so much an 'on the side' for me thing."

Has anyone else had this problem?

Replies

• lulukan
    lulukan Posts: 76 Member
    While I was reading through the introductions I noticed that there were quite a few of us who were raised by pastors/Reverends/ministers.

My dad is a Reverend of a small conservative Methodist church in a small and bigoted town. I've never fully come out to my parents, I keep trying to bring it up and they continue to make it clear that they understand I "might" be a little into women "on the side" but I am not to actually say the words, "I'm bi and ladies are so much an 'on the side' for me thing."

Has anyone else had this problem?

Yes. Me. My dad is a Baptist preacher. Check out my blog. www.whyileftchristianity.blogspot.com
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    One of my best friends from high school is a transgendered male. He's been blessed with two loving and understanding pastors for parents. They advocate for LGBT rights in the Lutheran Church.

I wish the both of you could have had similar experiences.
  • Yes. Me. My dad is a Baptist preacher. Check out my blog. www.whyileftchristianity.blogspot.com

Following you now. =)