Fill level

Options
What is everyones fill level and do you feel it it a good level for you right now? I know everyones sweet spot is different, but just interestedt o see what others are doing. I have 5.8cc in my 11cc band and most days I feel I have good restriction

Replies

• TriciaAllen7251
    TriciaAllen7251 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I have 6 cc's in my 10 cc band. I have amazing restriction. Had my 3rd fill last week. Sometimes I think it might be too tight and then everything is fine. I have a finicky band. Breakfast before 7am is a no-no.
  • jewels68
    Options
    I have over 7cc's in my 10cc band. Pills and breakfast are hard for me. But I seem to have NO problems later in the day and at night. I break up my pills now and eat a cheese stix driving to work at 4:30am. I'm normally good until late morning for a snack.
  • TeresaWash
    Options
    I'm at 5.6cc in a 10 cc band.

My last apointment my Dr actually wanted to remove some fluid. Some new study showing that if you can feel food sitting on top of your band it is too tight and your esophogus has to work too hard to move the food through the band and it can actually wear out your esophogus. I "freeked" out. I'm like OMG, you can't take fluid out, I'm at such a good spot. I can feel food sitting there, not all the time, sort of depends on why I'm eating. Anyway, I talked her into a 2 week trial, said I'd really think about how often I could feel food sitting there. Unfortunately, It is quite often so I haven't gone in for a small unfill but think I will. Ugg... not sure what to think or do.
  • sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I'm at 5.5cc in a 14cc band. I have pretty good restriction in that a small meal satisfies me and I don't feel actual hunger for about four hours. It is the boredom and head hunger that I am battling with at the moment.
  • TriciaAllen7251
    Options
    Boredom and head hunger is the worst. It can be really hard to convince yourself that you are not hungry when your head is screaming something different.
  • TriciaAllen7251
    Options
    So, as of today I have 5.5 cc's in my 10cc band. Had to go to the surgeon and have 1/2 cc taken out. I was too tight. Although I could get water and liquids down and sometimes soft foods, getting dense protein to stay down was impossible. I gave it 10 days to loosen and the swelling to go down, but alas, nothing worked. Feel so much better now. Hopefully this keeps me at my sweet spot. Good luck all!
  • vdegraff
    vdegraff Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    My first fill will be next week. Two days before Thanksgiving. Yikes! Wonder how much I'll get initially.....
  • grinningchook
    Options
    I have 4.5ml in a 10ml band after my first fill. Go back next week to get some more put in.
  • autumn81
    autumn81 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have 2cc in my band, I don't remember how many cc the band is but I have had 6.
  • fiveferrels
    fiveferrels Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I have about 5cc in a 10cc band, last week the dr took some out, said I wasnt eating enough.
  • boundtorise
    Options
    I'm at 5.6 cc's (banded in July, 3rd fill right before Christmas)
  • Lisaizme
    Options
    About 6.2 cc's in my 10cc band.. and it took me almost 3 years to get to that level. Doc gave me a "starter fill" of 3cc's in surgery. First fill at 6 or 7 weeks was 1cc. Since then they've been either .5 or .2 cc's. Taken up very slowly and have had very little problems. Overfilled one time spring of 2010.. removal of same amt that was put in fixed it.

Everyone responds differently. I'm pleased to go slowly and have few problems.