Day seven challenge!

Options
shovav91
shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
Good morning CAD'ers!
I hope you all enjoyed pampering yourselves yesterday; after all of this hard work, you deserve it!
Today's challenge:
This is going to be a big stretch for some of you, but aim to get a gram of protein per pound of body weight. If you weight 150 pounds, try to get 150 grams of protein today. Although you may not need to do this every day, protein is necessary to your diet and in looking for ways to get all of your protein today, hopefully you will learn of some sources you can begin to incorporate into your daily lives. Additionally, protein keeps you full for longer, which means you will be less likely to mindlessly snack after meals. For those of you who have trouble with getting their protein in, here are some great sources:
-Seafood
-dairy (especially Greek yogurt)
-Eggs
-Meat
-Beans
-Soy
-Protein bars
-Protein powders
-Nuts and seeds

Good luck MFP- you can do it! :D

Replies

• liveinthemix
    liveinthemix Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Good challenge!!! :)
  • alimac92
    alimac92 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I'm joining in, I have just had Chicken breast in my lunch time sandwich at work and now I'm off for a brisk walk.
    :bigsmile:
  • Misspositiveme
    Misspositiveme Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm do my best.. Not sure if I can eat 201 grams of protein but lets try anyway.. I'm READY!
  • valerieottaviano
    valerieottaviano Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Started with the great rosemary Ham from trader joes ! If you haven't tried it and can ,u should, super thin and super lean with a wonderful rosemary punch!
  • jlemoore
    jlemoore Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Mind if I save this one for tomorrow? I've got my eating day pretty planned already and I won't have much more than 70 grams of protein.
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Will do! :wink:
  • dchienku
    dchienku Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I am going to try! However, I don't know if I can eat 220 grams of protein. Today I am also doing a meatless monday. We will c how it goes Thanks for the great challenge.
    Denise
  • j4zzy
    j4zzy Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Don't think I can get that much protein today but I'll definitely try!
  • MartiJJohnston
    Options
    Just joined today, but I'll do my best to get a lot of protien in!! :flowerforyou:
  • Nogo
    Nogo Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    1 cup of my Kashi was 13 grams of protein. Just another great source...
  • rly123
    rly123 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    this should be easy! lol if anyone is having trouble try Greek yogurt (Chibani is my new fave!)
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: well my question was answered..:laugh:

Looks like a good challenge for today... Thanks!:flowerforyou:
  • Yakisoba
    Yakisoba Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    o-o That's a lot of protein.

Let's do this!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I think I am only going to be able to eat protein today to get this much in! Had my first protein shake ever for lunch today. Those are filling!
  • clur85
    clur85 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    hmm definitely cannot fulfill this challenge, and I suppose being on a different timezone doesn't help either, had all my food today and only 50g of protein! :(
  • rachel_fritz
    Options
    Can you have too much protein? I weigh about 150 and looks like I had 39 grams but my daily intake says i should have 48??? :huh:
  • dchienku
    dchienku Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I surely did not make it to 220 grams of protien. I had 64 grams of protien. I really liked this challenge
    thanks,
    denise
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you're all at least giving it a shot! Don't worry, you can't really overdose on protein; your body rids itself of what it doesn't need :D
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Well I had an intake of 127 which was way over my daily goal of 68.

But I tried! :)
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I probably over did it...had a football sandwhich!