Weekly Challenge #1 (Exercise & Food)

Options
mrsewert
mrsewert Posts: 430 Member
Week 1's Food Challenge ~ A Little Preparation Goes a Long Way!

Get your environment ready to make you successful. That means clean out your fridge, pantry, and kitchen of all tempting food items (give them away or to a food bank if you don’t want to toss them in the garbage). Or stock your desk at work with healthy snacks. Or buy a new workout outfit or get good workout shoes. Or put some fun songs on your IPod. It doesn’t matter what you do, but get your environment ready to help you be successful and post here with what you did!

Week 1's Exercise Challenge ~ Try Something New

Try a new exercise this week. It can be something new, or something you haven’t done in over 5 years. Post here and let us know what you tried and whether you liked it or not.

Replies

• strohst
    strohst Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Ok I got half of this challenge done !! I cleaned out all tempting foods!! Felt great!! No onto something new to do ... =/
  • BeccaB1981
    BeccaB1981 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this counts but I have been doing c25k and today I had to do a 20 min run! I cannot remember a single time in my life that I have ever ran for 20 mins straight without stopping!

ETA: I haven't tried it yet but this past weekend I bought spaghetti squash to try. It takes a while to cook so I can't make it until this weekend. I will post agian once I have actually tried it.
  • monih10
    monih10 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I just got a new mountain bike....so I am going to try to incorporate this into my exercise routine this week!!
  • mommynmotion
    mommynmotion Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    HI guys!

Okay, I cleaned out most of the junk..but I have 4 kids, so they still have a few treats in the house. We try to eat really healthy. We eat mostly natural foods an no artificial ingredients or colors. We juice a lot too...carrot is teh favorite, I also drink a green juice in the morning (kale, cucumbers, spinach, lettuce, celery, lemon, tomato an dgreen apple ). The kids don't like it but I am getting used to that one.

I don't think I have time for the other part of the challenge. I have a personal November challenge of running 100 miles. I am also doing weight about 4 times per week...I try for every day but usually can't fit it in. I already get up at 5am...might have to get up at 4:30 instead!

Good luck and happy losing!
  • theresabell67
    theresabell67 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Well the food challenge: i cleaned out my cupboards of all the "junk", hubby won't be happy!! LOL As for the new exercise: I'm doing Zumba tonight!!! Will post later how that turned out
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    I cleaned out my cabinets & fridge! Feels good!!!

I'm on a specific training plan and I can't really do anything new, but I am swimming tomorrow for the first time in like a month....
  • bambier
    Options
    My cabinets and fridge are cleaned out with the exception of my daughter's halloween candy. She worked so hard to earn that and I felt bad tossing it! The other half tried to hide it, but I found it in it's hiding space too (the bathroom cabinet, right where i get my towels from every night). Hpoefully he'll find a new hiding spot tonight!

For something new -- I went to a cycling class last night. I had a good time and probably could have pushed myself harder - I will next time though now that I know what to expect!
  • LysieMae
    LysieMae Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Uh sorry I'm a little late.

Food - I hid the cake that my husband made. I also absolutely refused to get any sweets at the grocery store (usually I get cookies or something) and instead got granola bars for the sweet tooth fix.

Something New - I tried out a couple of new exercises to do with the baby. Hip raises, crunches, etc. My baby makes an awesome workout partner!
  • strohst
    strohst Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    OK SOOO I WAS ABLE TO RUN ON MY TREAD MILL FOR 5 MIN!! NEVER EVER HAVE I EVER RAN FOR 5 MIN !!! YAY ME!! :smile: