So Happy to have found a pregnancy group! Need some advice..

Options
Hi All!! I'm a newbie to the group and I'm only 8 weeks pregnant with my first. I still want to keep up with my food diary and not gain a ton of weight (fingers crossed) but I'm not sure what to set it on? Maintenance maybe? What did you guys do?? I've been counting calories for so long that I need to do it for my sanity but def do not want to deprive baby!

Replies

• Tigger7384
    Options
    I think they say add 300 calories per baby (1=300, 2babies=600. . .). But they also say add 500 calories a day while breast feeding. I think it depends on the person and as long as your eating reasonably healthy just take in a little more than usual. Talk to your OB if you need a set number. But good luck i miss being pregnant!! My second was hard but i loved it =)
  • gisele246
    gisele246 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Maintenance in the 1st trimester for everyone of normal weight. My doctor told me they don't want me to gain more than 10 so said maintenance throughout my whole pregnancy with maybe a couple 100 extra here and there.
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I set my calories to 1750/day and eat maybe 200 calories above that on big burn days. I'm six months along and yesterday I spoke to my OB and he said that I definitely don't need to eat my exercise calories or add any extra amount to my diet for pregnancy. But I also started about 15 lb overweight.
  • H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    For my first trimester, I set mine to maintenence. I haven't changed it since. Also haven't been doing the greatest logging food. I think (for me) it would be hard to eat more than what my maintenence is at.....unless it's junk food ;) I figure, I eat when I'm hungry, so I'm not going to confuse myself w/ what "mode" to use.
  • dwallace27
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! Very helpful...I have pretty much stopped working out since I have been so sick, but hopefully in my second trimester I will be a little more up for it. I'm setting my calories to maintenance and will see how it goes! :smile: