Where do you find tall, plus sized pants/jeans?

Options
CVALGAL
CVALGAL Posts: 108 Member
I have had the hardest time trying to find pants and jeans (especially pants) in plus sizes that are tall. It's amazing how many talls I can find in non-plus sizes. It's like the manufacturers think that once you hit a size 20, you must be average or petite! HELLO!!! There are tall plus size women out here!! I have found jeans at Lane Bryant, but not pants. I'm skeptical about ordering online because I hate the hassle of returns if they don't fit right. I have been a size 22 for years, but now that I'm losing weight, my 20's are even getting loose on me, so maybe this won't be a problem for too much longer!

Replies

• Jenn152
    Jenn152 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Old Navy has lots of plus sizes and on the website they have a whole section devoted to Tall!~ and you can return in store :O)

New York & Company goes up to 18 Tall (all my work slacks are from here) so when you lose a bit more, you could get them here.

I was an 18T when i started this business... now my 16Ts are a bit loose... so I am hoping to be in a 14T soon! :O)
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Check out Alloy.com and find the shop button... they have pants with up to a 37 inch inseam, and extended sizes up to size 25. Inexpensive too!
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how the sizes run on Vanity jeans, but they are my favorite! They have 35-37 inch inseam! I used to get Silvers before they jacked up the price. My bum looked amazing in them :tongue: I don't like how Old Navy jeans fit me!
  • cbbarge
    cbbarge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I find Tall/Plus pants and jeans at Avenue. I also find extremely inexpensive work slacks at Cato. Suprizingly Cato Average slacks are very long.
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I have awesome jeans. They are Rider's by Lee jeans and they are long and fit beautifully. I also find Lane Bryant to have great jean selection and you can't beat Old Navy's sizes or prices!!
  • Givemewings
    Givemewings Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I know you don't want to buy online...but... Longtallsally.com is good. We have it in the Uk and I know there is a US site and they go up to English 22...not sure what that is in US sizing.
  • jenniferhe
    jenniferhe Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    watch www.JCpenny.com. They have sales with jeans that fit talls and + sizes. I've found mine there.
  • GreenLifeGirl
    GreenLifeGirl Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I LOVE New York & Comp for getting tall pants and jeans!! Also, Eddie Bauer is awesome for tall people, too.
  • cnevills
    cnevills Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9" and always end up flooding in my jeans after they are washed. I usually go to Maurices and get my jeans there. They sell Silver jeans that you can buy to fit your waist and length. They also sell the Marices brand jeans in short, regular, or long.
  • redbirdsings
    redbirdsings Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    The avenue has amazing tall jeans - they have a super long inseam and various sizes and rises. I have sevearl..I used to be a lane bryant jean girl but the avenue jean kick the LB jeans tail up and down the mall :)
  • jackylane
    jackylane Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I like jeans from torrid for a hipper plus size look, and Lane Bryant work slacks.
  • kelliwiatrek
    Options
    So I bought a pair of Riders by Lee jeans the other day. I need at least 36" length. I have such a hard time finding jeans long enough. These jeans are perfect. I finally found jeans that fit me right and they are a reasonable price. I don't like spending alot of money on pants.
  • shantelleclarke
    Options
    I buy my jeans and pants from longtallsally.com and I live in Canada. Great site!
  • fozziewaca
    Options
    Old Navy is my go to place and Target has some tall selections up to size 18 (although I think they smell weird).

My problem now is finding some tall running pants. I see a lot of men's 32in inseam in stores, but I flood out of the 34in!
  • trishajo82
    trishajo82 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I second the person that said Alloy - very inexpensive and lots of different options. Don't plan on the jeans lasting several years, cause they're not meant to last that long - but I still have several pairs of jeans from them!
  • lae1227
    Options
    I love Ann Taylor Loft & Gap for my pants & jeans.
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    I buy my jeans and pants from longtallsally.com and I live in Canada. Great site!

Yes, long tall sally is great. A little on the pricey size but good quality & fit. theire standard length is 36" but they also do some 34"s and 38" inseams. They go up to a UK 24 (US 20).

They also do tall swimwear, nightwear and maternity wear- as well as shoes/boots up to a UK 12 (US 14)
  • marz31
    marz31 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I love telling people that my husband is 6 inches taller, but his inseam is 2 inches short than mine! LOL I'm 32/33 inseam and I'm actually surprised sometimes that regular pants/jeans fit ok. other times, they're like capris on me and sometimes only after the initial wash which is even more frustrating. Before I had my daughter, I was into shopping the HUGE sales at Saks and found Lafayette 148 pants seem to run long, I invested in a few pairs and they were always great. I can't wait to get into them again, I figure 20 more pounds. and then I'll get them tailored when they're too big, no belt loops! Otherwise, you can order longs from places like Lane Bryant, to the store, and then try them on and if they don't work, return them right there. Again tho, they don't provide numbers, so that long could be a 40 inch inseam or a 33.....you never know.