Non Purging Challenge

Options
I am bulimic and have started to purge everything i eat as soon as it hits my stomach (not just traditionally binging and purging). I want to try and break this cycle as best as i can as iv noticed various health problems im getting due to continuous purging.

Just asking if anyone is up for giving me support and tips how to curb binging and how to ignore the overwhelming need to purge.

Im sick of making myself sick.

Replies

• beachlove09
    beachlove09 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    for me- learning to not binge was about learning how to make a conscious choice and stick to it. for example, a lot of times before i would eat something i considered a "bad" food- i would decide before hand that i would purge it afterwards... so what i do now is i look at the food before i eat it and actively decide to NOT purge it and hold myself to it...not sure if that makes sense but i think its easier to stick to your guns once you've decided them before hand and if you make them POSITIVE! :happy:
  • thinkingthingirl
    thinkingthingirl Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Iv not purged yet today. Its a start...if i can just go the one day...
  • PinkAndSparkle
    Options
    I definitely did not do it in a healthy way, as I just further restricted calories and upped my workout regime. I think what finally got me to stop was when I realized that I was worth digesting food. You're worth it too.
  • HoopFire5602
    HoopFire5602 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I've never purged (traditional style) but latley it has become a screaming voice in my head to do it. Like right now. I ate way too much and just want it gone. I am fighting it but I feel like I get weaker and weaker every time. Arg, I feel so panicked. :(
  • GoCanada
    GoCanada Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    It takes will power to get through those first couple times of feeling uncomfortable. After purging so often you get used to feeling that empty stomach feeling, and you need to be prepared that the first couple times you don't purge after eating it will be uncomfortable. But after that you start to realize what true full feels like and recognize when to stop. It's a process and you might slip up once in awhile, but concentrate on doing what you know if healthy for you. Keep a list of activities you can do to keep busy when getting through that initial 30/60 minutes of feeling uncomfortably full. That's always the worst time for me, but once you get through it you feel much better.