Snow

Options
skierxjes
skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
I am SO not ready for it yet. I'm from the UP and normally can not wait for it to fly but there's nothing to do with it down here below the bridge! I can't wait to go snowshoeing this winter though, I think I'm going to buy a pair or ask for them for xmas.

What are your favorite outdoor winter activities?

Replies

• amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Just started snowshoeing last winter - like that! Also we enjoy snowmobiling - look forward to doing that!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I love ice skating and that's about it. I'm definitely not a cold weather person (funny since I was born and raised here.. lol).
  • tslomcz
    Options
    had snow here near detroit yesterday,,came down hard nothing stuck,,,,thank god
  • jhmomofmany
    jhmomofmany Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    went for my first run in the snow today... it was fun, the road was clear so not slick or anything. I enjoy sledding, but have never been skiing or snowshoeing. I grew up in Oklahoma where we got snow occasionally but nothing like UP here. I wanted to get snowshoes last year, but wow- they are expensive!
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I hate the cold, I really need to move south.
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Ran in the hail on Thursday, today was sunny and 56 degrees!!!!

I love Michigan....
  • Mkmassey3
    Mkmassey3 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    We are big snowmobilers. I too asked for snowshoes for Christmas, hoping to get in some trail time at our local Winter Sports Complex CC trails. Otherwise I hate winter!! lol
  • jhmomofmany
    jhmomofmany Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    two days ago it was 50 and sunny... today I woke up to 23 degrees and blowing snow. Wow!
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    two days ago it was 50 and sunny... today I woke up to 23 degrees and blowing snow. Wow!

This is why I'm not going home (to Bessemer) til I absolutely have to!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Its snowing now in Auburn Hills....just a flurry

We do a lot of ice-fishing in the winter..its a lot of fun if you do it right (and by 'right', I mean with a shanty, heater, and a good warm adult beverage in your thermos).
  • ElyzahMoore
    ElyzahMoore Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am watching it snow now. It isn't sticking though. I love winter. I think I am going to introduce my 18 month old to making snowmen, rolling in the snow, and whatnot when we get enough! :D
  • I'm excited for snow this year. I have a feeling most of my exercise is going to be pulling around a sled with two monsters in it!!! But it will definitely be fun!