Feeling the burn

Options
Today was day 4 for me and I still cannot feel anything in my abs. Now I am sore on my sides. I dont know if Im not pushing myself hard enough or what. Finally found my HRM and used it today and its still reading the same 290s. I really thought I pushed myself more today. There are some of the exercised that I do have to take a breather on which is usually the 2nd go round. And Im still struggling to do the side plank. Any suggestions on how I can maximize my burn?

Replies

• SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    HMMMM..not sure why you are not feeling...I feel it even more with each day...I am on Day 5 and doing my last day of this week Sunday and honey...my abs get sore more by the day!! I would make sure that I am practicing FORM and really concentrate on holding your stomach in...and ensure that you are working from the abs... Thats the only thing i can see...Sorry that you are not feeling in your abs...hopefully it is working for you babes...Keep up the great work though..cause you are doing amazing!
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    This workout works Core - which your sides are part of. I didn't start feeling my actual "abs" until this AM, but I've been feeling it in my core for the last few days. Check out my response to one of the ladies about the side-planks on the original message board. Also, keep in mind, I only burn around 300 cals on this workout myself. So it's not really about "the burn" so much as the end results. Some may not "feel" it until they start Level 2 - it depends on where you are in your fitness levels.

Listen closely to what Jillian says tho, I know she can be a little annoying at times, but her instructions are sound. You may find that you need to add a pure cardio routine (20-30 mins) before doing 6W6P just to get your heart rate up a little more and then cool down with a 10-15 mins strength routine. Most importantly, this is a long-term investment in your health - nothing worth it comes quick or easy!
  • divainprogress2012
    Options
    I feel more burn in my legs than my abs area. BUT I do core workout A LOT so that could be why. I am def seeing results though. I feel the burn as I am doing them but not afterwards!!
  • smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    i feel the burn during but i'm not sore afterwards....a little in my back and obliques though
  • sirabe
    sirabe Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I don't feel he burn either. So I think I may add another workout I order to feel it. But like one poster said, I do a lot of ab work.
  • blueyeb
    Options
    I noticed that the first few times I did the workout I didn't feel the burn either. I have started to now that I've done it more than a few times. I think once you master the form and speed you may start to feel it more as I have. It couldn't hurt to add another workout in as well as the others have suggested. I've been doing 30 DS on alternating days with this workout.