Does This Ever Happen To You?

Options
jackylane
jackylane Posts: 13 Member
So you're walking down a hallway or a into a room or around a corner and someone stops and feels the need to almost yell "WHOA" like you're going to somehow knock them down or not be able to stop yourself from moving.

It never gets old. There are people I've worked with in the same office for a year that continue to be surprised when I walk in front of them!!!!

Replies

• pkiesch
    pkiesch Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Yes! as if my physical presence scares them. most of the time it makes me laugh, as long as it's not followed by a rude comment.

I think my favorite thing though, is if I'm sitting and someone is being introduced to me, I always stand to shake their hand; THIS is when I usually get the "WHOA"
  • trishajo82
    trishajo82 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    yes. all the time. it makes me want to punch people. :explode:
  • jenniferhe
    jenniferhe Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Daily if I am ever out in public I usually get "Wow your tall!" No DUH! I usually smile and try to say thank you which usually throws them off or starts a much more nice conversation.
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Or are you made the human ladder everywhere you work? Grab this or that bc youre tall.
  • linbee83
    linbee83 Posts: 144
    Options
    Yes! as if my physical presence scares them. most of the time it makes me laugh, as long as it's not followed by a rude comment.

I think my favorite thing though, is if I'm sitting and someone is being introduced to me, I always stand to shake their hand; THIS is when I usually get the "WHOA"

I get that a lot. They usually say, "You didn't look that tall sitting down!"
  • marz31
    marz31 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I get that on occasion, I'm "only" 5'10" tho, even another inch and people would probably react more. but my hubby gets it a LOT! he's 6'4" and probably 400 pounds (perhaps more, we don't honestly know) so since he's so wide in addition to being tall, people don't think he's as tall as he is until they get up next to him, always comments....no, he never played pro football (both sad, oh the money! and quite ok, oh the injuries!)
  • lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Haha... I'm usually the one saying "whoa" as I'm about to run head first into someone...
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    It's happened! I was out last Saturday and a stranger goes, "You're tall!" as I was walking by. Thank you captain obvious!!
  • kelliwiatrek
    Options
    Oh ya!!! I know the feeling. Or people at work will stand by me and say "Dang you're tall." Been the same height the whole time we have worked together. Or you played basketball in school. NOPE!!! I was a country girl and don't really care for sports.
    One time my (uncles wife) called me an Amazon. Take in mind that she is only 5' tall and about 100 lbs. soaking wet. I wanted to hurt her so bad.
    And I do get the oh your tall come reach this for me too.

10371238.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • zetsubou
    zetsubou Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thank god, I though I was the only one ;D
    I usually don't like when people do that, that 'WHOA' it's like people saw a godzilla or smth. and can become annoying sometimes. Like I wish I could disappear in the crowd, but obviously I can't...;/ Nothing we can do here haha
    I don't mind people calling me amazon or smth. like that if it's in a nice tone, but If I sense them saying that in an off tone it does make me upset.