Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Week #2!

drjennelle
drjennelle Posts: 138 Member
i've seen some AMAZING losses out of you ladies on the boards already!! congrats to nikki, sandy, emily, and geri!!! you totally CRUSHED this first week of bootcamp!! so proud of you!!

as for me - i had a great week! i know it looks like a gain, but in actuality it really wasn't. the program im on my for my new job has me weigh-in every day and here were my weights starting from last thursday:

Thursday: 133.8
Friday: 132
Saturday: 133.2
Sunday: 133.4
Monday: 133.6
Tuesday: 133.2
Wednesday: 133.6
Thursday: 133.6
Friday: 133.2

so, as you can see, that 132 came out of nowhere - and it's hard to believe that i lost 1.8lbs in one day and then gained back 1.2lbs the next day :wink: most likely, that 132 was a false low, or a result of not eating enough thursday night after a killer morning workout. either way - im thrilled with my week. i was out of town for four nights and three fulls days, drinking and socializing with friends and did not gain an ounce! :noway: i also have my period this week and therefore was much more hungry than usual. so i am happy to see that i did not gain any weight this week, that i continue to go down from where i was a week ago (133.8) rather than up, but mostly im excited to see that i was able to stay in my cals almost every day this week (minus one weekend day splurge when i was away) and get all my water in!! that is usually my worst category! and i almost always go over my calories one week day during my period because i just decide that my craving for chocolate is too strong :laugh: so im SO happy to report that i did NOT let aunt flow decide my diet - this little chickie made all the decisions for herself! :bigsmile: seeing how i still have my period, i am pretty sure that i have some water retention and that by the end of the weekend i may be even lower than i am now!

which category are you hoping to strengthen in week #2? i want to continue to get enough water every day!!! what about you ladies??

*keep shakin it* :heart:

Replies

• GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    There were great losses this week!! Great job ladies!! :drinker:

My water consumption has been good everyday so I would like to keep that up. My biggest weakness that I would like to work on for week #2 is logging my food...whether I'm above, at, or below my calories for the day, I need to hold myself more accountable. Will be hard with Thanksgiving the day before weight in, especially since I won't be cooking the meal but we shall see!
  • Great job everyone! Especially proud of Geri because I know she was going to join our bootcamp last time and this time she is totally dominating...logging in everyday....motivating everyone and staying accountable! Great job hun!

This week I plan to put into practice something a MFP member posted on one of my message boards as a way to stay accountable with water...I wear 4 colorful rubberbands everyday and after I drink 16 oz of water, I take off the rubberband and place it on my bottle -that way I know I have 3 bottles left to drink....great way to stay accountable I think! Hopefully it works -starting it tomorrow I believe after I purchase a 16oz bottle!

Hope everyone has a great week!
  • gdb86
    gdb86 Posts: 126 Member
    Thank you Nikki! It is so awesome to see everyone's progression in the bootcamp and for others to see that in me! Things are not the peachiest for me right now, but I am swapping my mindset of getting bogged down and making no excuses (and it seemed to work out this week, thank goodness.)

I think Thanksgiving/changing up my routine by going to my home town for a week is going to be tough, but I'm going to do my best to plan ahead. The hardest thing for me has been exercising. There was a point from Jan-April when I was really kicking it up and exercising like a mad woman! I would love to get back to that place where I just crave working out. I do love the feeling afterward it has just been harder and harder as the days go on for me to just DO IT. So this week, I tried to just keep it consistent and not over do it so I don't burn out. In week 2, I want to try to step it up a notch, so I can remove any worry about Thanksgiving Holiday food and just to raise my stamina. Any workout motivational tactic advice is always welcome!

Good luck to all the Bootcampers on week #2! As always... happy losing :)
  • nelsons417
    nelsons417 Posts: 10 Member
    This is a great start for everyone!! :) I know the main thing I need to work on is exercising, so I've been dancing with Nicole and today I actually went to work EARLY to work out!!! (GASP!) It wasn't much since I had to coach but 20 minutes on the stationary bike at level 13 is better than nothing!! I'm hoping that I can work out 3 times at the YMCA, on top of dancing and walking my parents' dogs. I know my road race on Thanksgiving day will be a huge help!!

Good luck and hope to see the same results this next week!
  • drjennelle
    these are all great things to focus on for week #2! in the past three years exercise has become a regular part of my life so i don't worry as much now about whether or not i'll do it - i know i will. that being said, when i first started i committed to at least 20-mins a day for 6 days a week, and i SCHEDULED it in my calendar. if you have a smartphone or an online calendar i REALLY recommend scheduling it in, then you see it there every day, and the time you say you're going to do it. not only does it keep you accountable, but it lets you plan ahead and think about what each day is like and where you can get your exercise in! i recently moved my exercise time to 5:30am so that i could no longer make ANY excuses about why i wasn't getting in my exercise, even when i was super busy! it's been working great! schedule your workout like you would a meeting, non-negotiable!

so i had an nsv last night! i had planned a date night with my man (we have a groupon for this restaurant near us) so i looked at the menu and planned ahead of what i was going to eat. i was running a few errands before we went out and friends of ours asked if we wanted to join them for dinner and drinks. we hadn't see these friends in a few weeks so we decided to go and have a fun night! i was worried at first (all my planning gone to waste!) but while waiting in line at CVS i immediately googled the new restaurant and checked out there menu, and lucky form me they had the same meal that i was planning on eating (a delicious beet salad with walnuts and goat cheese with a glass of chardonnay)! i planned on allowing myself one drink after dinner in addition to my glass of wine and then either another drink, a little appetizer, or a snack when i got home. well i split a mini lobster taco with a friend (it wasn't really a taco and we took off 99% of the tortilla and just ate the lobster haha) and then i had a vodka soda. i was definitely a little tipsy when i got home and i was craving something else to eat (this just shows what alcohol does to your blood sugar because i had eaten enough calories and i wasn't actually hungry - i was just craving because i was unsatisfied!). so i came home and ate two 50 cal reduced fat cheese sticks (not a bad option). it was the first day in three weeks i went over 1300 cals (because of my work meal plan), so i was a little worried about that but i knew that i had made good choices all night and that i had FUN! i woke up this morning... and i was down a POUND (132.2 lbs). now of course that is a scale victory, but why it's really an NSV is that i was able to plan head, pick out a good healthy meal, budget my cals for alcohol, and even had a little snack at home and STILL do ok! i am really proud of myself for that and it gives me confidence that i can go out to dinner and eat well! so much so that i might go out to dinner again tonight with just my man! hehe!

ok, i'm off my saturday morning turbo kick class! have a great day everyone!!!
  • Jenelle great advice about moving our exercise time to the morning,.....I so wish I could be a morning person, my goal is to get my 30ds workout in before work Monday and Tuesday, I know I'm busy in the evening and can't get to the gym,.....I'm going to try though.k
    Other than Thanksgiving, I don't have any social outings planned either so it should be easier to avoid bad snacks and drinks:happy: :happy: K
  • Wow ladies! Morning workouts....wish I could do it but I am NOT a morning person! :) Great job scheduling Jennelle and sticking with your workouts!
  • drjennelle
    emily - isn't it CRAZY not drinking tons of alcohol just because everyone else is? i went out friday night and had ONE glass of wine with dinner and afterwards had ONE vodka soda water... and i was buzzed! when you eat right, you don't need to drink 1000 drinks to get plastered ;) and better YET you realize that REMEMBERING the time you spend with the people you care about is actually more enjoyable than being too drunk to do so :) i was never a crazy drinker (other than college haha), but i certainly am much better now at deciding when alcohol matters and when i can pass it up! WAY TO GO on doing t he same this weekend! water at a bar with old friends is NO easy feat! YOU GO GIRL! :)

how's everyone else doing? preparing for thanksgiving?? making plans to eat well and workout?? what workout are you going to do on thursday before thanksgiving dinner? what about friday? :) i plan to do either the 25 or 30 minute Turbo Fire HIIT workout the morning of thanksgiving, and then either a 20 or 30 minute cardio workout friday OR use friday as my rest day - since my boyfriend and i are venturing out into the world for black friday deals on flat screen tvs! i imagine that will be a workout all in itself ;)

also - a little SV (scale victory) for me! yesterday was my last day of the official 3-week Instinct-Diet plan i set out to follow for training for the new job. i weighed in this morning at 131.4 lbs which means that in 3 weeks I have officially lost 5.4 lbs!!! WOO HOO! i finally feel like i will reach my true goal weight of 120-125 lbs, maintain it, and be HAPPY and satisfied with the foods that i am eating! i no longer crave foods that aren't healthy for me (or if they lack true nutritional value, i only have them in small quantities!). if any of you are struggling with nutrition i REALLY recommend looking into the Instinct Diet - it's all normal food, nothing weird, lots of fruits and veggies and FIBER! :) if you're curious, check my food logs for the last three weeks and see if the food looks good to you - if it does - you'd like the I-Diet :)

ok, gotta run! have a great tuesday!!! :)