How Often Do You Weight Yourself??

Options
amybell68
amybell68 Posts: 275 Member
How often do you weigh yourself?? I try to do it every week, but sometimes I just can't help myself, so I would say I probably do it every other day...... is that bad??

Replies

• HisBeachgirl
    HisBeachgirl Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm much like you! I plan to weigh in on Monday mornings, but there's other days that I just can't help myself. Usually Thursday comes around and I just HAVE to know if I'm on the right track. I think it's okay, as long as it doesn't become something you're obsessed with. If I absolutely couldn't go a day without weighing myself, I'd be worried.

But I would like to encourage you to take the measurements that mfp has other than weight. Sometimes the scale doesn't budge, but the hips or waist goes down a bit. That helps so much in not getting discouraged.
  • amybell68
    amybell68 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    that is great advice!! I will measure myself today!! Thanks!!
  • cirka2002
    cirka2002 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm much like you! I plan to weigh in on Monday mornings, but there's other days that I just can't help myself. Usually Thursday comes around and I just HAVE to know if I'm on the right track. I think it's okay, as long as it doesn't become something you're obsessed with. If I absolutely couldn't go a day without weighing myself, I'd be worried.

But I would like to encourage you to take the measurements that mfp has other than weight. Sometimes the scale doesn't budge, but the hips or waist goes down a bit. That helps so much in not getting discouraged.

ditto!!!!
  • vang0474
    vang0474 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself almost every day, but I try to do it first thing in the morning so I am consistent.
  • jennifero469
    jennifero469 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I weigh almost daily, but I only take other measurements once a week. I just can't stand waiting a whole week to know how I am doing.
  • MrsJones98
    Options
    I weigh every morning, but I use it as my visual reminder to stay on track. I rather need things "in my face" or I can ignore them pretty well :) I have found that seeing my weight is extra motivation to watch my portion size and meal frequency.
  • calpollyana
    Options
    I typically weigh in on Saturday mornings. During my last weight loss attempt I got pretty obsessive with daily weigh ins, and I found that if I didn't like the number, then it affected my mood for the day. This time I had my hubby hide the scale, so I can only weigh once a week! It probably sounds silly, but now I can go about my business without thinking about it all!
  • lisalamb62
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week, on Fridays, at the same time in the morning.