Anybody Else Going For A Weekend Ride??

Options
TerraGirl17
TerraGirl17 Posts: 275 Member
No new topics in awhile so I thought I would start one, lol!! Looking forward to Sunday, a group of 11 of us are trailering our horses to my Uncle's house and going on a 4 hour ride, packing lunches and some cold ones and making a day out of it. We are taking the Bruce Trail which is absolutely beautiful!! What are your riding plans for the weekend??

Replies

• peacheywoo
    peacheywoo Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    That sounds great - can I come??? LOL

Hoping to take Bumble out tomorrow depending on the weather - he doesn't 'do' rain anymore!!
  • cpegasus01
    cpegasus01 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Hope to ride my mare on Sunday sometime. Would like to maybe try out sorting some of my dad's cattle to see how she handles it.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,213 Member
    Options
    Will make at least a short ride tomorrow before running off to the airport for a trip to Belgium (for WORK - dang!). I always feel better if I can get a good ride in before getting strapped into an airplane for many hours. It's cooooold, but that just makes them friskier, right?
  • playcharm
    Options
    No riding here this weekend, we are expecting rain for the next few days. My 2 year old has a bruised sole, and the soft ground is helping him so I'm not going to complain. A window of sunshine for his recheck would be nice. For those of you enjoying a ride this weekend, have fun!!!!
  • peacheywoo
    peacheywoo Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    My bum hurts, my shoulder hurts, my ankles hurt, I'm filthy, I smell, I look like I was dragged through a hedge backwards - it was a GREAT ride!
  • AnnaE
    AnnaE Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Kids and I rode on Saturday, for about an hour. Down here (down under!) we are moving into summer and it will soon be too HOT to ride - maybe 3 or 4 weekends opportunities left. My horses all get a spell over summer.
    LOVE the fact that nowadays when I ride with my kids I have to push to keep up!!
    Peacheywoo your ride sounds awesome.
  • Solly123
    Solly123 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Had a private lesson with my yard owner on Saturday. All about getting Solly to listen to my half halts and responding to my leg. It was a long hour, but by the end of it he had copped on and was reacting so well to my aids.

Sunday morning was the last leg of the Dressage League. We did Prelim Test 2 and ended up 2nd on 70%. He did really well on his half halts and did his circles really well. Fell down a bit on our walk / trot transitions - kinda fell into them... But sure we have loads of time to keep working on it.

Next Sunday is ShowJumping league.. Now if I could only get a clear round... mmmm

Fingers crossed we don't get the snow here in Ireland that we got last year. Snow here and the country grinds to a halt.. But forecasts are looking good.. Seems like we'll get our usual wet, cold winter - which I can cope with as we can still ride!! :smile:
  • TerraGirl17
    TerraGirl17 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Great ride on Sunday, I was muddy from my knees down but hey we had fun!!
  • cpegasus01
    cpegasus01 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Didn;t get to ride but did groom my yearling and worked with him some on Saturday. Certainly better than nothing! Wish I could have ridden though!