Places you run

Options
Where I live in the North of England, I am just a short drive away from the best of the English countryside, I made a blog post a few weeks ago for all my MFP's who only ever run on the roads to show them what they are missing :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/El_Rapido

Replies

• Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    So jealous of your trails and views!!! I've been to Englad once a long long time ago and LOVED everything about it!!! But here I am in little old Michigan.... someday I'll come back!

I actually live in a beautiful place near the shores of Lake Michigan which is gorgeous and I love it!!! Sometimes I run on the beach, but most of the time I don't drive there, so I just stick to my little town. I'm going to head up to some trails soon, possibly this weekend if the group I just found out about is still getting together there. They use a great cross-country ski trail through the foresty area nearby. They do a 2.8 mile loop and most go twice through. It would be my first time with them, but I think I can keep up!!!!!
  • ludgerclay
    ludgerclay Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I run trails whenever I can, but a lot of my weekly mileage is on roads. I live in Southern Ontario and run in farm country. I've done some travelling and always go for a run wherever business takes me. I put together a short video of the sunrises and some of the other things I've seen while running. Have fun!
    http://claywilliams.webs.com/apps/videos/videos/show/14886297-cool-sunrises
  • crux
    crux Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    flat%25252C800x800%25252C070%25252Cf.jpg

This is the Yorkshire dales, this particular valley is a 30 min bike from my house. It's is the reason I live here instead of London or Manchester, I may be a bit richer if I had followed the money, but you can't put a price on being rooted somewhere you love.

Bike, hike, run, climb even go cave exploring. The dales are Awesome.
  • hezzyfoofie
    hezzyfoofie Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Oh my god I would so love to go trail running in Britain.
  • El_Rapido
    Options
    flat%25252C800x800%25252C070%25252Cf.jpg

This is the Yorkshire dales, this particular valley is a 30 min bike from my house. It's is the reason I live here instead of London or Manchester, I may be a bit richer if I had followed the money, but you can't put a price on being rooted somewhere you love.

Bike, hike, run, climb even go cave exploring. The dales are Awesome.

The Dales are my favourite National Park! We go camping there every year at least twice, favourite places are Dent, Muker and Hawes, would love to go camping near Kettlewell but can't find a decent campsite. I've not run there yet but I'll be on the lookout for some fell races in the Dales in 2012 :)