What food would you miss?

Options
If you moved to another country, what food would you miss?

I really miss Australian bacon :P And if I moved from the UK now, I would really miss the British pub meals!

Replies

• tuftyclub
    tuftyclub Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    i miss the scottish delicaces of black pudding (though now a veggie) potato scones, coconut snowballs, black bun at new year, etc.....
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I really missed cheap(er) potatoes in Japan, wholemeal bread, milk that is made of milk (skimmed milk in Japan has an ingredients list!), having a variety of cheeses, the list went on and on...

Now, of course, I miss everything I once had in Japan. In fact, I've cried when I've missed the Japanese stuff, but never the English.:laugh:
  • snailrunner
    snailrunner Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I don't think I'd miss anything...now and again I get odd cravings like strawberry yogurt or fresh mango!

I adore peanut m&ms but I know they are a really bad idea!
  • clarech82
    clarech82 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I would miss marmite and I know its not food but a decent cup of tea
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    proper milk and cream, delicious cheeses, English bread, lots of things!
  • wenders123
    wenders123 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Chicken, but I think they have that everywhere!
  • LilMissFoodie
    LilMissFoodie Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    a decent cup of tea

I usually prefer the tea in other countries. I don't think it is the tea here though - I think the tea is fab but the water is rubbish (in London at least!) which makes the tea taste a bit odd. I only really drink redbush here now and I would def miss that if I moved back to Australia because I tried to look for it there and couldn't find it!
  • LilMissFoodie
    Options
    proper milk and cream, delicious cheeses, English bread, lots of things!

Ohhh this makes me remember how much I miss Australian bread! Light and fluffy on the inside and crunchy on the outside toast with about 3/4 of the cals - yes please! It doesn't help that I really can't tolerate most British breads although I have recently discovered that the Burgen Soy Linseed doesn't seem to upset my tummy :)

I also miss lower calorie biscuits and all the varieties of low fat icecream!
  • UphillBattleAxe
    UphillBattleAxe Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    M&S food.....I do miss my treats, there is NO M&S within a couple of hundred miles of me here in Limerick!!
  • Monkeylost
    Monkeylost Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Trifle at christmas! Mmmm bliss Xxx
  • MissFuchsia
    MissFuchsia Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I know its not food but a decent cup of tea

I always miss cups of tea when I go abroad but rarely drink it at home
  • Gayafrench
    Options
    Cheese, charcuterie (dry cured meat of any kind), wine that even if bought cheap is nice... yes you got it, I am French!
    Well honestly I am still having cheese, charcuteries and wine in England but I have to pay the price for it, at the same time I should not eat that as it is far from being diet friendly.
  • katejolee
    katejolee Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Potato bread, soda bread, wheaten bread, proper home made stew and champ......and most of all a proper ULSTER fry !! ( is it any wonder i'm over weight lol )

oh almost forgot the Belfast bap ! it's even hard here to get a proper one lol x
  • missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Skimmed milk, bizarrely. When I was on holiday recently the milk was very thick and I didn't like the taste of it at all. I think it might have been unpasteurised.
  • ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    a good full english breakfast :-)
    good tea
  • LilMissFoodie
    Options
    Skimmed milk, bizarrely. When I was on holiday recently the milk was very thick and I didn't like the taste of it at all. I think it might have been unpasteurised.

Some places just have 'creamer' instead of milk for tea which is totally not even close to the same thing!
  • fimm
    fimm Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend's mother is British but has lived in Austria for the past 40 years. Things we have to take out to her: tea bags, marmelade, steak and kidney pies, suet (to make a Christmas pudding), sausages (they have sausages out there, of course, but British sausges are different), baked beans. In return, we bring back Austrian sausages and cold meat (especially something called Kasewuerst), and Senf (Austrian mustard).
  • Les_Lamb57
    Les_Lamb57 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Curry - Chicken Jalfrezi, Keema Rice, Onion Bhaji and Garlic Naan - a meal fit for a King :-). (approx 3800 calories!)