Bread

Options
Hi,
Which brands are the best in the bread section?
Thanks, Lori

Replies

• JasonSwetland
    JasonSwetland Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I am glad you asked this. i had been eating a Sara Lee 45 calorie & delightful bread without considering the ingredient label. (previously I had only read the Nutrition panel) Im bummed that I found out it contains milk, because it does taste good. Hopefully folks will share some great Bread ideas.
  • gingerb85
    gingerb85 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Cobblestone Mills Whole Wheat.
  • vegansara
    vegansara Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Dave's Killer breads are the best! Always vegan and he does have some low cal breads that are still totally delicious.
  • Sway
    Sway Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Genesis Bread!!
  • kate_n_pjs
    kate_n_pjs Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    My favorite bread is the Early Bird Multi-seed bread from Whole Foods. It is a whooper at 150 calories a slice but it is packed with poppy, sunflower, flax and other seeds that are totally worth it. Plus if I want a sandwich the slices are thick enough that I can carefully slice the bread in half and make two thin slices. But it really makes the best toast and is a staple. (:frown: they didn't have ANY this week when I went to the store so I just got multi grain :frown: )
  • AnnaMaus
    AnnaMaus Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I don't know how widely available they are outside of the Midwest, but Today's Temptations makes very good every day breads-- esp. French rolls, Italian whole wheat, and low-cal sandwich slices, and only two sorts contain milk & eggs (the sweet egg bread and a high-protein loaf)

D'amato's Italian loaves and filones can't be beat.
  • abbbigayl
    abbbigayl Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Most of the cheap breads are fine. Markey Pantry 100% Whole Wheat and Great Value 100% Whole Wheat.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    I love the Ezekiel Sprouted Breads! 80cals and 4g protein per slice, no eggs or dairy products. They are really delicious!
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I love the Ezekiel Sprouted Breads! 80cals and 4g protein per slice, no eggs or dairy products. They are really delicious!

my favorite!
  • Trishkit
    Trishkit Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Dave's Killer Bread! <3
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    365 sourdough bread, whole foods market, actually all of theirs is good, or rudi's.
  • Chloelovesjohn
    Chloelovesjohn Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Daves killer dread for sure!