My nerd Skyrim dragon killing experience - Pure awesome

Options
joejccva71
joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
I ended up making a new character, and this time he's a Conjurer/Illusionist mage-type build, level 9 currently. Anyways I'm in Riverwood just talking to a few people in the town when one of them just stops and runs away madly. All of a sudden i take a ****load of damage from fire from behind me. I turn around, look up a little and a dragon has landed on the roof of one of the houses in the town.

I quickly drink a healing potion and just stand there. Everyone else in the town has scattered like cockroaches with the light turned on....

The dragon stares at me...but doesn't attack. I haven't attacked yet.

I move to the left a little, the dragon's head moves to the left as he's staring straight at me....he still doesn't attack...

I move to the right ...his head and eyes move with me to the right...still no attack...

I'm thinking ok WTF.....

So for those uninitiated, my mage build is one that can summon elementals, raise zombies, and raise the dead to fight for me, etc. (Kind of like a chicken **** way of doing things but fun as hell nonetheless).

The most powerful spell I have is "Summon Fire Atronach" which is a fire elemental..but the problem here is this is a fire dragon so he won't do much damage. I then remembered that I had a scroll of summon storm atronach...I pull it out, cast it, and it was a great fight, but the storm elemental kicked it's *kitten*. =)

The irony of this story is that after the initial fire breathing on my backside, the dragon didn't attack again until I made a move. I thought this was pretty amazing to say the least. Some dragons are insane and just throw you around like a ragdoll...some are more passive.

Anyways...that was my nerd Skyrim moment for the day. =)

Replies

• jaxdiablo
    Options
    Very cool, I rented it last night from Red Box and was really looking forward to trying it out just for a little bit to see how I enjoyed it. Unfortunately even though I hit the 360 version, it gave me the ps3 version... I was more than a little irked to say the least. :-P I'm going to return it tonight, see if I can get a free rental code from Red Box and actually try the game.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    If you like it, get it for the PC because people make mods for these games and they enhance the experience bigtime. I have an older PC and my copy runs great on ultra high settings.
  • _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    This made me want to quit my job. Drive home. And game until my eyes fall out of my head.

Damn real life, always getting in the way *kicks rock*
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Think Im gonna have to get it on PC. MAybe thats what I'll ask Santa for lol:bigsmile:
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Epic! Sigh, why can't I be a millionaire so I don't have to work >.>
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Out of the 5 dragons I've killed, 3 of them I've killed by myself with crabs attacking me while I'm at it!!!! I'm impressed that you took the time and actually looked at your surroundings. I would probably do better if I did, cause I just start hitting my buttons in panic!! LOL.
  • Dragongrl
    Dragongrl Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Cool post.
  • jaxdiablo
    Options
    So I played Skyrim last night. I got to level 4. I've gotten the golden dragon claw and I left the "dungeon" before finishing the quest, and I went out the backdoor and found an herbalist and when I broke into her basement and came out she tried to cook me. Mean *kitten*...

As for the gameplay it's cool and all, but I'd like a little more direction. I guess I got a little annoyed when I ran out the back door and found out I'd have to go all the way around and back in through the traps... yeah, that was a little frustrating. :-P lol
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    ive killed about 6 all attacked without being provoked one came outta nowhere while i was trying to kill a stag for a quest and scared the living daylights outta me lol and the las one i fought was effin HUGE compared to the first. . . am level 13 but they were all mean ol farts unlike ur passive one they jus kept blowing fire and i think one shock/ice(it was blue) lol
  • caveats
    caveats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    These dragons seem to be everywhere ... I hopped off a stagecoach (ok, wagon coach? stagecoach might be too opulent of a word for it ...) and was just minding my own business scoping out the town when I stumbled into dragonbreath. Knocked the town drunk clean out, from drunk to dead in 2 seconds.

I guess next time I visit a new city, I'll check the skies first!
  • digitaldigital
    digitaldigital Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    What difficulty are you playing on?