Hello!

Options
Hi everyone! My name is Alicia.. I created this group because I'm in College and with my hectic life I don't eat the way I should or workout like should. A couple weeks ago I realized I need to change this because I had gained the freshmen 15 and then some. I am the type of person who can't afford to gain anymore weight. I am glad that I have a couple people in this group and I'm not alone.. I just wanted to introduce myself! :smile:

Replies

• shawshan
    shawshan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name's Shauna, I'm an Irish college student and I've decided writing about my diet attempts on the internet will motivate me to stick to my plan! I want to lose 20lbs. We need to support each other through our journey to success!! I feel like I can't enjoy college as much as I should due to this extra weight. Anyone else feel the same? I don't want to look back on my time in college and regret that I wasn't a healthier weight. Time to shift it now! Who's with me? :D how are you getting on Alicia?
  • NeccoRu
    Options
    Hi Shauna, I'm getting along pretty good. I've been trying to work out everyday.. but the weekends make it a little tougher, because I'd rather sleep in then head to the gym. I have been eating healthier having salads and good protien and it is getting easier avoiding all the sugary foods that i like. I'm glad to have someone who wants to keep me motivated!!
  • dlmadeja
    dlmadeja Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Danielle and I have gained the freshman 15+! I wish it was only 15 lbs because that would be a lot easier to get off. I want to lose this weight so I can graduate from college being ready to take on the world without my weight holding me back. Also it sucks being single and overweight, makes it even harder to get into a new relationship. If anyone needs extra help just add me as a friend!
  • ummsalih
    ummsalih Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone I am Hadiyyah. I am a senior studying law here in Saudi. Have gained a lot of weight since getting married and having a baby/ Now being a full time mom of a one year old, a wife and a full time student I have let myself go wish it was only 12 pounds but more like 60 pounds would be great! I am hoping I will get the motivation to get myself together I signed up for curves here as a start and looking forward to getting myself together after 4 and half years of saying tomorrow lol!!!!!!!!
  • Katythomas91
    Options
    Hello, fellow college goers.
    I am Katy.
    A third year.

I have alway been bigger, healthy, but bigger (both in height and weight). And now it is time to stop being sad about being big and be AWESOME instead. Exercising all day, erry day (actually just everyday, all day is a bit extreme).

The hardest part for me to keep my weight down is that food is just to gosh darn tasty. I am a new member in the MFP world and I and hoping it will help me out with the whole "i am just gonna keep eating until its gone" ideal I got going on. :)
  • Seros1992
    Seros1992 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hey, y'all!

I'm also a college student (freshman but still college lol). So far, I've managed to ward off the Freshman Fifteen but I've always been "larger" and I want to change that. Years and years of weight gain won't be easy to lose and I've got about 70 pounds to go but I'm hoping that this time, I don't give up!
  • andeben
    andeben Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Howdy,
    Junior
    Monique

I'm a full time student and I want to get rid of the freshman 15 I gained.....and the 100 or so that was there already.:bigsmile:

Feel free to add me
  • logicandlove
    logicandlove Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!
    I'm a junior/senior, had weight issues for a while and fell into a binge/purge habit after freshman year, when I lost 30 pounds in a summer. it took me almost 2 years to stop completely even though it's tempting to go back sometimes, and in that time I gained the weight back.
    I started around 190 2 weeks ago and am at 185 now, but afraid that I'll get back into my tendency to slack on diets or just be tempted to start purging again. Keeping track of my calories on MFP is helping a lot though.
    Feel free to add me ^_^
  • Ruz456
    Ruz456 Posts: 99
    Options
    Hey everyone!

Im Mike, heading into my spring semester of senior year majoring in Athletic Training. Ive commuted all 3.5 years so far and im expecting to live on campus for my last semester which is making me a little nervous. I feel it will be alot harder to track what I eat accurately, If any of you have any advice for me at all please feel free to help me out, also feel free to add me!
  • motivated_kel
    motivated_kel Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Kelly, 21 years old. Was very in shape all of my life, until college started, when I slowly but steadily gained 30 pounds up until now, gaining 15 alone last spring quarter which was AWFUL. I lost that 15 this summer, but plateaued when school started back up, and need to get rid of that stubborn last 15. I would love the support of anyone/everyone so feel free to add me! :)
  • loveangel03
    Options
    Hi!
    I just joined and I'm a sophomore this year, but I definitely gained the Freshman 15 and then some last year. All of the food is just so bad for your :/ but I didn't have time to nitpick through it when I had to use all my campus meals and plus dollars.
    Anyway, I lost a bunch of weight my Freshman year of high school and mostly throughout high school I was about the same, though I gained some back. Then I hit college and the food all hit me. Now I'm past even where I was before I lost weight in high school and I am so disappointed in myself. I just want to at least lose what I gained back, and then some. But that's my goal for now.
    I go to Cal Poly, by the way. :)
    Angelina
  • bmcc2009
    Options
    hey yall,
    So as a college student (at Texas A&M), I've too experience the freshman 15+. Well, it was more like the summer before freshman year 20. What can I say, I worked at Baskin Robbins and was bored. haha. Anyways, I've always lived a healthy lifestyle and was involved in sports before college. In high school I played volleyball and we had a pretty intense work out regime. Didn't think I'd miss having someone make me do work outs until I came to college and had to depend on myself. I always seem to start a workout regiment, but my problem is becoming consistent. With work, school, and trying to maintain a social life, workouts become an afterthought. I'm sick of thinking this way, and ready for a lifestyle change. Hopefully with the new year upon us, I can find the time to stay consistent, and look for motivation with myfintnesspal, support is greatly appreciative!! :smile:
  • DJKenn
    DJKenn Posts: 17
    Options
    Hello! My name's Darcy, I'm halfway through my senior year. I've yo-yo'ed between 125 and 155 ever since senior year (and the 125 was after a really stressful year, so probably not very healthy anyways), and I'd like to find a happy medium and KEEP my weight there! Cancelling my meal plan really helped with eating healthier, but then I decided that taking 19 credits and stage managing a school production was a good idea, so I ended up eating in the food court due to lack of time anyways. :/ I'm studying abroad next semester, so I hope that I'll be able to keep up on my exercise regiment!

I think my biggest enemy was turning 21 - I never realized how many calories alcohol had!
  • lees975
    Options
    Hey guys,
    I'm from NYC and it's super hard trying to diet here because I mean, let's face it...there's good food everywhere.
    I have fluctuated throughout the years and right now I'm at my highest of 195....omg. though I don't look like it and I am really embarassed to say so, I am what I am. My lowest weight ever was probably around 150ish senior year of high school but only because I had done a bunch of yo yo diets and let's just say, it was super easy to gain it all back...Let's make 2012 our year guys.
  • kgratz27
    kgratz27 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Im Kristen, 2nd semester senior in ohio for a psychology degree. Graduating in a few months (AHH scary) and I want to look the best as possible for the memorable event!

Height: 6'
    SW: 210
    CW: 208
    GW (for graduation): 180

Add me :) I am looking for support and to give it!
  • lwalters5
    lwalters5 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

My name is Lauren. I'm 21 years old and am currently studying pre-pharmacy. I'm about 3 semesters away from entering pharmacy school right now.

My first year of college I played soccer, so I was in fine shape. But I quit after that year because I wasn't able to keep up with the demands of being a student athlete. Basically since then I've been steadily gaining weight. I'm tired of gaining weight, because I have never been overweight before and now I am bout 70 lbs overweight.

I began this diet last week and I've already lost 7 lbs. I'm looking for a lot of support because I recently moved to a new area and I have no support here. If you are interested in being fitness/diet pen pals of sorts, please add me! If you're not, you can add me anyway.