Successes

Options
littlemili
littlemili Posts: 625 Member
Let's share our successes. Big, small, seemingly irrelevant or life-changing, beating ED can be easier when you recognise and celebrate every step of recovery. We all make progress every day but I think sharing it and writing it down makes it a more real and positive thing.

I'll go first.
Today:
- I found out I won't be hospitalised because I managed to keep my weight within 1kg for 3 weeks.
- I made it 1 week eating 1300 calories every day and gained only 0.2kg.
- I planned the week's meals so that I hit 1200-1300 every day.

Replies

• beccalucy
    beccalucy Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I was considering a post like this but was trying to work out what to call it so it would only be positive!

Yesterday I ate more than 1000 calories and although I'm uncomfortable today I'm determined to hit the same amount!
  • littlewrists
    Options
    I'll go first.
    Today:
    - I found out I won't be hospitalised because I managed to keep my weight within 1kg for 3 weeks.
    - I made it 1 week eating 1300 calories every day and gained only 0.2kg.
    - I planned the week's meals so that I hit 1200-1300 every day.

Congratulations!
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    i know this isnt that big of a deal but it kinda is for me...

i have a hard time eating junk food such as chips, candy, desserts without purging or feeling the need to purge

well yesterday i ate a cupcake and a reese cup and didnt think twice about it. I didnt have that guilty feeling i normally get and it honestly felt great
  • cowlover22
    cowlover22 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Wow what a turn around..YEAHHHH..thinking of the positives no matter how big or small. Just in that alone you have come along way Milli. So very proud of you. Have to be in the right frame of mind if you are going to beat this..looks like you are on your way.

Well my successes:I have prob eaten over 800 calories the last 2 days(I had been doing pretty good but had a bad slip where I was lucky to get 300 in..used my sore tooth as an excuse) And my other one is I should be going back to work full time at the beginning of Dec. Not so much b/c I have improved, but they figured this way isnt working so lets try something else. Either that or not work(cant do that I am not rich) Trying to be more positive and fight against this. I guess somedays just making it through is a success.
  • stix_n_stones
    Options
    I never buy premade food/junky food because I'm afraid I'll eat it all. I bought boxed mac and cheese 2 weeks ago and ate it for the first time in forever last night with my girlfriend. She was really proud of me. :)
  • HoopFire5602
    HoopFire5602 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I went for help. I asked my boss to help me. I went to therapy to get help. I ate pizza when I got home after only eating grapes, pumpkin seeds, and rice crackers in the morning. I want to get better. :)
  • littlemili
    Options
    I went for help. I asked my boss to help me. I went to therapy to get help. I ate pizza when I got home after only eating grapes, pumpkin seeds, and rice crackers in the morning. I want to get better. :)
    This made me happy :)
  • thinkingthingirl
    thinkingthingirl Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Today i realized that it wasn't all hopeless and that i can be happy. Im working hard not to be extreme with my eating. I can be happy and i can be stable. :)
  • gracibelle
    Options
    Yesterday I was majorly triggered by seeing an old friend who had relapsed (to the point of having black bruises and black gums), and I went home and HAD DINNER!!! And instead of trying to cut fat by using one egg and four egg whites in my "eggs and cheese" (where the cheese is laughing cow) I used two eggs and three egg whites :)
  • beccalucy
    beccalucy Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I love this thread. Reading all of these today has made me decide I want to fight
  • littlemili
    Options
    Today I made myself do this stupid crappy exercise book from the hospital for anorexics. About 15 minutes in I think I figured out the core reason behind my ED. I wrote about it for almost an hour. Now I am going to eat a big celebratory dinner with my boyfriend, be 100% honest with him about it when he gets home, and deal with the REAL problems in my life rather than trying to kid myself that starvation can ever make me happy.

It's here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/littlemili/view/why-i-don-t-eat-172015
  • cowlover22
    cowlover22 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Today I made myself do this stupid crappy exercise book from the hospital for anorexics. About 15 minutes in I think I figured out the core reason behind my ED. I wrote about it for almost an hour. Now I am going to eat a big celebratory dinner with my boyfriend, be 100% honest with him about it when he gets home, and deal with the REAL problems in my life rather than trying to kid myself that starvation can ever make me happy.

It's here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/littlemili/view/why-i-don-t-eat-172015
    So proud of you!! Keep fighting cause you can do it! Told you ..you have to get better so you can start kicking me in the *kitten*!