What is your target area and how do you overcome insecuritie

Options
For me, while I hate every ounce of fat on my body, I think my stomach is the worst. My therapist did EMDR with me about it last week. I hate when my boyfriend hugs me from behind and I think he's getting disgusted by my stomach fat. My therapist had me think about what he's really thinking: How much he loves me. And how he's so happy to get to hold me (We're 7 hours apart).

What is your most insecure area, and how do you counteract the lies your Ed tells you about it?

Replies

• lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    i'm am extremely insecure about my "love handles"...i will buy bigger sized pants just to avoid the overhang. eveyone keeps telling me (especially my bf) that it just means i have a figure and i dont wanna be so thin with no curves...but i kinda do...
  • lazzenia
    Options
    For me, it would be my tighs. I've always been very curvy and every pound I gain goes straight to my legs. On the bright side my stomach is pretty flat, but I wish it was the other way round. I find it so hard to hide my tighs, mostly in the summer, because I love dresses and skirts and I would love to wear them.
    How do I overcome it? I don't think I do. I wear dark jeans most of the time (they make my legs look thinner) and whenever I have to wear a dress, like in new year's eve, I pick a long one.
    Anyway, I am sure your therapist is right, and the only thing your boyfriend is thinking about when he hugs you is about how much he has missed you :)
  • seaponie
    seaponie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I probably pay the most attention to my stomach, it's kinda how I gauge how I'm feeling that day. If it feels flat I feel good and slim, if it feels bulgy I'm the fattest person on earth. I haven't found a way to overcome that really except to wear baggy tops.

My legs are pretty small all the time except for my upper thighs when I gain, which makes me look retarded in jeggings/rockstar jeans but they're the only pants I feel comfortable in jeans wise due to the whole stomach thing. Most of the time I wear tights/leggings and a cute skirt. Skirt hides my big thighs so you only see my tiny shins and it makes me look skinny so I feel cute.

My worst enemy, however, is my arms. I have broad shoulders and huge upper arms. I'm also an A cup so I'm built like a dude from the waist up. It makes me REALLY self-conscious. That's why I've grown my wavy hair out down past my breasts so all you notice is lovely mermaid hair, not my Native American deer hunter build -___-
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    My legs....ugh....they are stubborn, and hold onto any fat...so infuriating...... I don't think I will ever overcome this
  • thinkingthingirl
    thinkingthingirl Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    The love handles too. My hips just seem to like warm with chub.
  • littlemili
    littlemili Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I probably pay the most attention to my stomach, it's kinda how I gauge how I'm feeling that day. If it feels flat I feel good and slim, if it feels bulgy I'm the fattest person on earth. I haven't found a way to overcome that really except to wear baggy tops.
    ^^
    This exactly.

Also my face. I am blessed with chubby cheeks which are cute on either a hamster or a 3 year old, but not me.
  • stix_n_stones
    Options
    My face and my stomach, both always seem so round. My legs are relatively thin and I am proud of how they have become strong. However, my torso and stomach are the worst, even at my lowest weight I still looked like a square because of my crap bone structure.
  • HoopFire5602
    HoopFire5602 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Stomach and thighs. I guage how my day is going to go by my stomach. If it's flat, it will be a good day, if not, not a good day. Thighs...I just plain hate how big they are. Shrink already you stupid things.
  • therapyruns
    therapyruns Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I have the same thoughts regarding my stomach, some days it feels so flat and I feel so thin - then other days I feel like I am so fat. But it really is my face that gets me - I just stare at it and my cheeks feel so thick. Then I see pictures and it makes it so much worse, I just see fat all over it!
  • VegGoddess
    VegGoddess Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    my nasty *kitten* thighs, and stomach region. the only way i'll overcome it is by losing it!