crazy ideas :D O.o

Options
Well iv always wanted to get my tounge piereced :) and i wanna curb my purging so i was like this is the perfect idea ever. With a tounge piercing ill be more aware of whats in my mouth and be less likely to binge, and if i did not purge cos of it :D

Does this sound crazy or genious :D

Replies

• PinkAndSparkle
    Options
    If you think that will help, it might...temporarily. In the grand scheme of things, you purge because of something deeper. We all know that our ED isn't just about being thin, and there are tons of bandaids we can use to cover them up, but eventually it comes back until we figure out the underlying issue and heal it.
  • seaponie
    seaponie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^^ this! BUT if you've always wanted one, maybe use it as a reward? Like if you don't b/p for x amount of time you treat yourself to a piercing. I like setting treat goals :)
  • amygrace92
    Options
    hey i have my tongue pierced and wont stop u eating or purging but it hurts more when purging ! and as for eating the first 2 weeks i was stuck to liquids so its good as a short term solution xxx
  • cowlover22
    cowlover22 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Good thought but do you really think once it is healed and the Ed voices start that they will care if your tongue is pierced? If you want it like someone said..try it as a reward.. Hey at least you are trying to think of thing to stop the behaviors. Have to work on the feelings you are avoiding when you are doing those behaviors. Until that is worked on I thin you will still have problems