50/50

Options
how do you decide when you're on the fence?

Am I supposed to be bisexual? As Morrissey said, "I've had both, I'm unsatisfied with either and currently asexual."

what do you call that? looking for love in all the wrong places? I used to think mean spirited *kitten* were for woman, now I believe it's universal.

Anyone I talk to treats me like a 2nd class citizen. I always thought the community was accepting of everyone, though in California it's very different. If you're gay you're the underdog, if you're straight you rule, and if you're bi you're a 2nd class citizen in both cultures...

I feel like I'm open and receptive to everyone, I just wish every once in a while it was reciprocated.

Replies

• KittMahan
    Options
    I don't know if I can really speak words of wisdom here, considering how successful my love life has been...

Could be that you're over-thinking it a bit David? Technically I suppose that I could be called bi as well. All I know is that when I'm sitting with my closest friends and talking about my "orientation," they tell me that I'm thinking far too much, and need to just stop doing that and live, be me. My favorite quote, from a very close lesbian friend, "stop the madness, you're thinking way too much about it!"

Why do all these people need to know your orientation David? Surely some people have no problem with your orientation. I don't have any problem with it, and wouldn't even if we were sitting in the same room. All people deserve respect.
  • david581c
    Options
    Sure, of course people don't have a problem my questions, it's called "here" this group.

Are you kidding me,? no offense, though being a dude and down for both sides is not exactly the best thing to state. Not just personally, professionally is when it gets tricky.

Everyone already assumes I'm gay, and more than men; woman fall into my lap more often. :s

I get congratulated when I have some crazy night and i wake up next to a woman, though if I woke up next to the opposite sex that would be career suicide.
  • kenzietea
    kenzietea Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Sure, of course people don't have a problem my questions, it's called "here" this group.

Are you kidding me,? no offense, though being a dude and down for both sides is not exactly the best thing to state. Not just personally, professionally is when it gets tricky.

Everyone already assumes I'm gay, and more than men; woman fall into my lap more often. :s

I get congratulated when I have some crazy night and i wake up next to a woman, though if I woke up next to the opposite sex that would be career suicide.

where do you live in cali? i live in belmont shore (gay town! whoohoo!) and everyone here seems to accept everyone no matter how kinky your kink is. And maybe, you should try dating both genders and reallllly get to know someone on the inside. Sex is WAY better when feelings are involved from my experience. I am currently with a man now (engaged), but I am by far more sexually attracted to women. Yet my current partner is the best sex I ever have because of the relationship and bond we share together :) (maybe you have experienced this too so I don't mean to assume things about your sex life..but from some of what you typed I just got the vibe). Being confused/bi can be the hardest at times, because half the population doesn't believe bisexuality exists, and others think it is just because you are slutty. I hope you figure it out, I have been where you are if you need to talk! I may have no answers but I am a great listener!
  • xLyric
    xLyric Posts: 840 Member
    Options

Why would anyone in your career/who you work with know anything about your sex life? Honestly, unless they are your friends outside of work (in which case they should be more accepting or they are not your friends) then it sounds like you are sharing too much.
  • Vaanja
    Vaanja Posts: 163 Member
    Options

Why would anyone in your career/who you work with know anything about your sex life? Honestly, unless they are your friends outside of work (in which case they should be more accepting or they are not your friends) then it sounds like you are sharing too much.

^ this.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,119 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'd have to say - it's nobody's business but yours. I don't talk about my sex life to anyone but my very closest friend. Even then, it's only in passing.

I don't want to know the bedroom antics of anyone. I also don't share mine.
  • david581c
    Options
    you're all super right.

the only reason people at work know is because I have the ****tiest poker face, if I'm happy, you can tell, and if I'm angry everyone will know.

plus my roomie is a gossipy bit---I hate to curse, but you get it.

every monday morning he wants to update the department on how my weekend was.

it's crazy for me because life has never been one night stands, and it never will be, just the woman I meet have such a crazy link to me I can't resist, though at the same time, if I see their ex and he's not a repugnant freak, I'll be interested.

for me, I'm not private, at all. it makes a lot of people uncomfortable, I don't know what to say.

I suppose if my hearts open and my gift of gab keeps existing, I'll be all set for life :l