Headphones/Ear Buds that don't fall out?

Options
Every time I'm working out on the elliptical, the motion loosens my ear buds, making it so I have to constantly push them back into my ears; it's driving me crazy! Any suggestions for headphones/ ear buds that aren't too cumbersome but that won't try to fall out every 5 seconds?

Replies

• RoadkingDavid
    RoadkingDavid Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem. I bought some by Phillips that hook around my ears. They are great!
  • RoadkingDavid
    Options
    CVS, Best Buy, Walmart... they all have them and there are several manufacturers.
  • RoadkingDavid
    Options
    I paid less than $20 for mine
  • sdguy2002
    sdguy2002 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    sometimes i get hooked by names. Like beats by dre... they have one that goes behind the ear.. anyone try those yet?
  • StephnElbow
    StephnElbow Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I prefer the kind that go in the ear. I try to get the ones with the foam insert part, the foam in the ear seems to hold it in place much better. I cannot stand the apple headphones, they refuse to ever stay in my ear as well.
  • DinaLKeil
    DinaLKeil Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I've tried a couple. Right now I have a pair of the "Marshmallows" by (I think) JVC? They seem pretty good. They haven't fallen out and they have a memory foam (similar to the consistency of squishy ear plugs that expand after smush them.) I've also used the iFrogz and I think those are probably my favorite :bigsmile:
  • MuzikirM
    Options
    I use maxeil M&M earbuds and they never fall out when im working out

13159096.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • MoonShadow_1au
    MoonShadow_1au Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Sorry to say it is your ears. Only one of my buds falls out, always the same one.

Years ago I saw buds that were like foam. You scrunch them up and put them in and they expand to fill the cavity and hold on. They were expensive though ($200+ AUD).
  • merryfaith
    merryfaith Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I know that there are sweatproof ones out there, but my plain ol' in the ear skull candy ones have held up really well for me. they stay in perfectly and haven't shorted out or anything (and I get preeeeetty gross on my elliptical....). I used to use some in-ear sony ones that worked well too but they didn't last as long as these have!
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I have used the Motorola bluetooth headphones set. It wraps around the back of your head and is rubber coated to protect it from sweat. The only problem is that you have to charge the headphones and the charge doesn't last much more than two hours. I got mine at AT&T Store, and might buy another pair (the rubber earpiece came off and they are very uncomfortable without the earpiece).
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    There are cheap, sound OK, and have lasted me a long time getting sweaty: http://tinyurl.com/7rrhhz3 (Amazon)

The design is a little weird at first, but once you "get it" they are easy on/off. The best thing about them (to me) is that they aren't completely in ear.
  • sirpilsofd
    sirpilsofd Posts: 16 Member
    Options

I wish they just sold the ear canal pieces so i can stick em on my jaybirds. jaybirdgear.com They don't sell the model i have any more but it looks like the canal pieces would fit. But I'll probably end up at the audiologist to get customs made.
  • Gt3ch
    Gt3ch Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Sennheiser Adidas Sports Earbud Headphones with Earfin Clips (MX 680)
  • gatecityradio
    Options
    I have the marshmellow by JVC and they don't stay in my ears. I have had a few pairs of skull candy in ear head phones, they come with a bunch of different tips so they work well.
  • tek254
    tek254 Posts: 10
    Options
    I had a bluetooth set (over the head) but dmaaged them due to sweat. Bought a pair of behind the ear waterproof ones and so far so good. The sound isnt as good as my skull candy's, but I can rinse them out after I am done and they dont fall out. H2O Audio Sportswrap Waterproof