tanglewood new year's 5k...

chanstriste13
chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
is anyone planning on running it? i just found out about it and am actually doing a 5k training routine with in instructor at my gym (i've affectionately nicknamed her 'psycho-lady') that leads to the event. it sounds really cool. here's a link if your interested:

http://www.setupevents.com/?fuseaction=event_detail&eventID=1821

Replies

• sunshine421969
    sunshine421969 Posts: 273 Member
    HI, do you know if this is ran at night..? I may look into it for my husband and I.We have been running for over a year now.This would be a great run to start of 2012 !!
  • chanstriste13
    HI, do you know if this is ran at night..? I may look into it for my husband and I.We have been running for over a year now.This would be a great run to start of 2012 !!

it commences at 12:01am on new year's night!
  • sunshine421969
    sunshine421969 Posts: 273 Member
    I just went to the site..I don't guess we will be running this one..That is on a Sunday and we will not miss church for it..I wish you the best if you run it yourself..

oops.. I read it wrong....sorry :blushing:
  • kimziebaby
    kimziebaby Posts: 133 Member
    I'll be running this 5K. :)
  • chanstriste13
    I'll be running this 5K. :)

rock on! have you run many 5k's? i did one in april, but that's all so far.
  • kimziebaby
    kimziebaby Posts: 133 Member
    This is going to be my first.
    I'm meeting another MFP member there. :P
  • I am going to e back in NC Dec. 23rd. soooo I may try to do this one!!! I am more of a walker than a jogger (but I am working on it :))
    Where do you train? Do you live in Winston-Salem? I have been looking for a place to work out when I am home.
  • chanstriste13
    I am going to e back in NC Dec. 23rd. soooo I may try to do this one!!! I am more of a walker than a jogger (but I am working on it :))
    Where do you train? Do you live in Winston-Salem? I have been looking for a place to work out when I am home.

i live in winston, and i go to the women's wellness center on jonestown. it's a great gym, with a *ton* of classes. i'm signed up for a small group training that has four sessions leading up to the 5k. it starts on wednesday, so i'm pretty stoked!