Hello

Options
Recently joined the program and looking for some groups that fit my status. and this one is for me. I recently turned 51 and have at least 51 pounds to lose. Could use some friends to help make the journey easier.

Replies

• samantha1953
    samantha1953 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I sent you a message but looks like you already found us. Feel free to join in on any discussion.
  • chedges9090
    chedges9090 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    welcome! you will like this group :) .. and, I just want to say -- congratulations for joining.! You are starting at a tough time of year... but, keep on plugging away! Anything you can do during the holidays to minimize the weight gain is going to be great! Watch for the recipes, etc. :) Happy Thanksgiving!
  • shunyata13
    shunyata13 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group, its a great group and feel free to ask anyone to be your friend for support. If you haven't gone to the Introduce Yourself section please do so and tell a little about yourself. You'll also see where we all are and what our goals are. Happy Thanksgiving!
  • irisheyes42us
    Options
    My name is Deb, and I am 57. Please add me!:flowerforyou:
  • henkemonica
    henkemonica Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am 53 yrs old with 58 pounds to lose. I live in the country, we have two calves and laying hens, and I like to put in a garden. I worked 22 yrs in a hospital now stay at home since hubby had a stroke and we have a 9 yo daughter. I was able to quit smoking 2 1/2 yrs ago and now want to work on getting the extra weight off. I joined ww but couldn't stand paying the 40 dollars a mo. for the online tracking system. So glad to find the MFP for free. Also just joined this site and would love to have a buddy to talk to during this journey. Happy Black Friday.(Does shopping count as exercise?)
  • empc
    empc Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I just joined the group and Thanks for having me. I am 56 years old. Have been dieting for what seems like forever. Looking forward to chatting with you
  • shunyata13
    Options
    Hi empc, Everyone in this group is nice and friendly feel free to ask anyone to friend you if you need a buddy.
  • cclark1203
    cclark1203 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, My name is Cindy and I am 53. I am a recent graduate of being laid off from my job. The good think about that is I can focus on exercise and eating healthy while I look for a new job! I joined MFP in July but have not lost very much at all, hopefully that will change. I live in Illinois and now it is cold so I go to the fitness center and workout on the Wii at home. I lift weights with a trainer 2x's a week but will probably have to give him up soon due to funds.
  • daniran
    daniran Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Wow! Just joined today. I feel like I've hit pay dirt! This is great! I'v been reading many of the post from all of the topices listed and I see several people like myself want to lose around 50lbs. I hope we can be an encouragement to each other and learn some new tricks along the way. I've really been struggling to lose the weight. And, have gotten discouraged too many times to count. I'm hanging in it to win it though! I have not given up yet. Just wish I knew what works.
  • Patty21981
    Options
    Hello my name is Patty. I am 61 and need to lose 32 more pounds. Looking forward to sharing this journey with this group.:)
  • shunyata13
    Options
    Hi Patty and welcome to te group. Everyone is supportive if you need a friend or two. Good luck in reaching your goals,

12610656.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools