My new challenge

I have been pretty active all my life, however feeling the stress that I added to my body over the years. My biggest goal is to try to overcome my pain and become active again. When I am active I know I will lose the weight. Wanting to learn from others who have pain, and how they work through it.

Does Aleve work for anyone? I don't like popping pills but a lot of my friends say it works.

Replies

• nothing over the counter works for me. I have a great pain management doctor who helps me maintain so I am able to exercise.
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    I think it depends on where your pain is coming from. Aleve is an anti-inflammatory so if the pain is from inflammation it may help. Without knowing what was the cause of your pain is it's hard to say for sure! If you are already on meds from the doctor be sure to check with them or the pharmacist before adding anything else.
  • Thank you. I take no medication. Many sports related ailments: My pain is in the knees - I think arthritis; calve muscle severed gastrocnemius tendon - with no surgical repair or treatment; and tendonitis in my shoulder from years of pitching batting practice for kids; Back - car accident fracturing 4 vertabraes in my low back when I was about 12.

I tried Aleve. Noted on the two separate occasions after taking Aleve that i had significant muscle weakness in my legs and hands. Thought I was imagining things until my wife took it also for the first time and had the exact same symptoms.

I am only allergic to shellfish, but no meds that I am aware of.