Options
I hope we get some bronies on here! :D

Replies

• gun1grave
    Options
    Brony reporting in. What up.
  • Kawaiicicle
    Options
    Here's to kicking this off! I'm sure that some are around here. EQD will help find them, in any case.

I was already planning on joining this site!
  • gun1grave
    Options
    I never even heard of this site until I saw the link at EQD for this brony group! I was planning to lose weight this winter anyway. I gotta go sign up at my local gym soon.
  • AJAsher
    Options
    This seems nice!
  • ZephyrFlash
    Options
    Hey! How's everypony doing?

This is rather convenient timing for me, I just started doing the whole fitness malarky at my local gym.

What's everypony's plan, how are you all planning to succeed? Personally I'm hitting the gym 3-4 times a week, for 30mins cardio a time (I'm a noob, I die of fat-death if I do any more) and cutting out any kind of snacks and sugary drinks (baby steps). I know that sounds a little weak, but I know I won't stick to it if I dive into it any more dramatically than that in the beginning, so I'm working my way up to it. What are everypony else's ideas?
  • CCorinne
    Options
    This rocks! :D! Good timing for me too!

Zephyr, I meet with a personal trainer every Tuesday, and I go to the gym/track every MWF.

Something that lost me A LOT was just portioning better, and only drinking water or milk, not too much though.

Hopefully, by April I can do my Rarity cosplay :3
  • oysterzilla
    Options
    hey...I've always been big, and I joined a gym about 2 years ago, and had a trainer, and ended up losing about 60 pounds in like 3 months, and it was all going really good, but it was just too expensive to keep eating healthy, and having the gym and trainer, so I had to quit and gained everything back.
    sucks.
    Scootaloo is best pony, btw.
  • ZephyrFlash
    Options
    CCorinne: Sounds like a great plan; far better than mine. Good luck with it!

I want to be able to do a DJ PON-3 cosplay by March. Should be fine; ponies aren't perfectly slim when stood up anyway :p

oysterzilla: Similar thing hapened to me. I've not had the time to cook decent food since leaving University, but Ive found some healthy places near my work, so it should be fine.

Now to get back to work and wait eagerly for pony o'clock...er, I mean 5pm.
  • Busoni
    Options
    Hey everypony! I love the idea of this group <3
    I lost 30 pounds in a month in the summer, but then some bad stress hit and everything stopped ): I didn't gain it all back, but I'm so ready to pick it back up! I've lost 8 pounds in about two weeks so I hope it keeps going this way.

My work out is walking 8 miles a day, weight lifting, some weird stretchy band thing ( I don't know what it's called lol..works out the arms ) and push ups. It's hard to do much in between work but it gets done. <_<

Wish y'all luck~! (: ( Spike is best pony? :D )
  • turntechBiologist
    turntechBiologist Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    YES!!!!!! A MLP group!!!! :heart:

I thought of making one myself the other day, but I wasn't sure what to call it XD So glad there is a MLP group on here!

Anyways, my name is Jessica! :D Started my weight loss journey at the beginning of the year and managed to lose 25lbs over 3 months, but it came to a halt once things were getting tight on my end, and followed by the death of a loyal companion :'( Trying to get back on track so I can live a healthier life as well as pull off a great MLP cosplay! :D
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Hi Everypony! <3
  • ZephyrFlash
    Options
    Nice to see this place filling up, maybe the admin could fix the typo in the name now its getting a bit of popularity ;)
  • PrincessCelestia
    PrincessCelestia Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Wow Zephy, I just noticed that typo.
    Thanks. I'll fix it right now.
  • eviemira
    Options
    Ponies have actually helped me regain the motivation to work out. :) I have done Zumba three or four times a week for years, but I just started to get bored, even if I used new songs or routines. Now I jog, do crunches, and squats while watching ponies, and doing a work out everyday is fun instead of tedious. Rainbow Dash episodes are always the most helpful, since she's so energetic.
  • papillon3598
    Options
    Maybe I can start working on this again with other bronies! :D
  • papillon3598
    Options
    Maybe I can start working on this again with other bronies! :D
  • PrincessCelestia
    PrincessCelestia Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Evie: Yes, they actually have helped me as well! When I go for runs, I pretend to be Rainbow Dash. Also when I'm at the gym, I work out to pony songs :D
  • ZephyrFlash
    Options
    "Wow Zephy, I just noticed that typo.
    Thanks. I'll fix it right now. "

Haha, no problem.

I find pony songs help a lot too. I have a Gym playlist full of the most high tempo ones; helps me keep my pace up and stops me getting bored.

...I do have to resist the urge to start singing them though. XD
  • Brony_Ponch
    Options
    Hi Everypony!
  • ZephyrFlash
    Options
    Hello!

Blurgh, I just had a birthday long-weekend full of waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much food and drink. Time to get back on it!