Date Nights

Options
Hey everyone, My birthday is coming up soon and i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on a good place in Lafayette or Indy to go eat at that will give me alot of options of healthy foods. Not really sure what other fun places there are either to go afterwards either. Pretty much just have no plans for my boyfriend and i and would love some locals input Thanks!

Replies

• adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I say go out to eat and have fun. One meal won't kill you. But no matter where you go, grilled or baked fish is always a good bet with a side of veggies. If you go to something like Red Lobster and get the crab legs, as long as you are not dousing it in butter, it's extermely healthy. Just watch those cheddar biscuits, they are dieting death. I went to PF Changs not to long ago with the wife. We had lettuce wraps and split some mongolian beef. Just stay away from the fried stuff.
  • MermaidFaith
    MermaidFaith Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    im not worried about splurging, just wanted a few ideas, thanks. must not be anything interesting to do in indiana, i was right.
  • adrian_indy
    Options
    Yes, there is nothing interesting to do here. You are right......or you could learn how to use google and and use the search function and look at the things in those two cities that might interest you instead of asking strangers who don't know you, your likes, or tastes for random suggestions. Have a happy birthday.
  • MermaidFaith
    Options
    sorry about that adrian. didnt mean to get you all worked up. You are right, stupid post.
  • dessiepenn
    dessiepenn Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Easy there Adrian, I don’t think she meant to offend you. We are all here to support each other in our weight lost.

I would suggest Rock Bottom in downtown Indy. I like to get the Rustic Pizzas. They really aren’t bad on calories, which leave room for a beer or two from their brewery

Hope you have a Happy Birthday
  • adrian_indy
    Options
    I'm not offended, it was just a dumb thing to say.
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Hey there!
    My brother used to live out in Indy and when I would go out to visit before I turned 21 we'd go out to eat at restaurants like Hardrock or there is a place that is like the "Indiana version" of Chicago's Dave and Buster's called Jillian's. They have alcohol, games, food, etc. Or after I turned 21 we'd just walk to different bars and listen to live music. I've never been, but I hear people like to go out to a place called Slippery Noodle. Not sure what you'd like to do, but some ideas. Good luck and Happy Birthday!
  • mom2lyla
    mom2lyla Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Fogo de Chao in Indy (downtown) is a really unique place. Of course, portion control may be difficult because they just keep bringing skewers of meat to the table. Basically it's a Brazilian steakhouse where you pay a flat rate & they bring all different kinds of meat (filet, lamb, chicken, pork, ribeye, etc.) to the table. You can accept or decline based on your appetite. They also have a salad bar which has some quality cheeses, lots of nice veggies, salad (obviously), smoked salmon, and some really nice breads. It's real food--too much will obviously be a big splurge, but it's SO worth it.
    Anyway, happy birthday! Hope you find something really fun to do.
  • MermaidFaith
    Options
    hey everyone thanks so much for the suggestions, Fogo de Chao sounds so so good i will definately have to check it out sometime. i looked up that Jillians place and they are closed now.
    Not sure where i will end up eating but i just got tickets to go see the broadway show of beauty and the beast in south bend on my birthday, and im super excited It's going to be great!
  • BrewerGeorge
    BrewerGeorge Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Fogo is good but pretty expensive.

All the chains are here, of course, and googleable. I'll list a few local favorites.

There is a group of restaurants that are really great - Stone Creek Dining Co. They are roughly the same price as an Outback meal, but more interesting. Stone Creek (Plainfield, Noblesville, Greenwood, and Zionsville), Boulder Creek (Brownsburg), Charbono's (Avon) and Mesh (Indy on Mass. Ave).

Palamino on Illinois is expensive, but one of the best restaurants in the city.

St. Elmo on Illinois is also one of the older, but great restaurants for those with the coin to spend.

The Rathskeller on East Michigan is absolutely fantastic if you like traditional German. Tons of import beers and an fantastic atmosphere. It's been there about 100 years. They often have local bands, too.

If you like Greek, Santorini on Prospect in unbeatable. I've been to Greece, and like the food at Santorini better. The neighborhood is a bit outside the trendy areas, but the food is great.

For Sushi, Mikado on Illinois and Oceanaire on Meridian are both well-thought of. Be prepared to pay sushi prices, though.

You can Google all of these for more info.