Day Eight

Options
Well, another day down. Still sore in that muscle I hurt yesterday :grumble: so I took an anti-inflammatory before I worked out, but even so I had to take it pretty easy (Jilian would have shot me if she could see how easy I took the jumping jacks! :ohwell: lol).

Feeling muscle fatigued all over today actually, think I might just take it easy for the rest of the day and workout later tomorrow to give myself a longer time to rest up before workout nine. I don't really want to take a day off until level 2 unless I have to, I'm worried I'll lose motivation too soon :frown:

How did everyone else go?

Replies

• Orvett
    Orvett Posts: 83
    Options
    waiting for my husband to get up so we can shred lol. he got a little sad/upset that I didn't wait for him yesterday (how cute) lol. I'm glad he wants to do this with me.
  • kristennwinter
    kristennwinter Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    ^^ aww, that's cute!!

I just finished mine! I'm gaining a growing hatred for that cool down. I hate it. I usually just watch the tv from the floor as I lie there after those bicycle crunches, haha!! (I do stretch it out my own way afterwards!)

Now it's time to shower, off to the mall to return some stuff, then back home to hit the books for the day!
  • carolina_r
    carolina_r Posts: 359 Member
    Options

I just finished mine! I'm gaining a growing hatred for that cool down. I hate it. I usually just watch the tv from the floor as I lie there after those bicycle crunches, haha!! (I do stretch it out my own way afterwards!)

The bicycle crunches are killer!! (Not for my abs...for my legs!!!) I am finally able to actually do them the whole time, but at the end I just collapse...

As for the cool down...I actually quite like it. I have started being able to touch my toes (rather than my calf!!). A great NSV for me!

Haven't done my workout yet...but I've already logged it, so consider it done!
  • Orvett
    Orvett Posts: 83
    Options
    lol I only do half of the bicycle, then admire them while they do the rest. Husband ended up not doing it. We got him this MMA thing from walmart with resistance bands. He did a tough workout yesterday and is paying for it today.

I on the other hand went back to level 1 today. It was ok, today is one of those tired and fat days for me.
  • meeko_meerkat
    meeko_meerkat Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Ugh, bicycle crunches KILL my legs too. And I have also noticed my flexibility is soooo much better now, I can touch the toes of both feet! (whereas I could do it for my right toes but not reach my left toes before, weird huh? lol)
  • carolina_r
    carolina_r Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Just finished...and I am SWEATING!!

I felt like the cardio was easier today. I just wasn't as out of breath, and I did butt kicks Natalie style :)

Anyone else finding it is getting easier?

I also tried using 5 lb weights with the squat and press...only managed it for the first set (and didn't think I was going to be able to finish!) but I'm glad I pushed myself.

I think it would be great if, next time I go through this 30 day shred, I used 5 lbs throughout...
  • lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I haven't shred for the past 2 days- and I feel GUILTY!!!
    I'm not (totally) slacking, I've still been getting cardio in... but the past few days have NOT gone as planned. I'm trying to go to the gym and then come home and shred- but I've gotten stuck at the gym until after 9pm for the past 2 days due to various BS.
    Tonight I'm going to my Zumba class- but I'm totally shredding tomorrow and then moving on to L2 with ya'll this weekend.
    Although I've been distant- I haven't quit!!! Don't give up on me, yet.....
  • bayertablets
    bayertablets Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Just finished and I think I did more bicycle crunches than ever... a total of 10! lol yay! Did I mention I pretend like I'm punching Jillian in the face during the squat punch cardio section? Whew... almost time for Level 2!