Typical Meals or Snacks

Options
AmandaR321
AmandaR321 Posts: 68 Member
What are some of your typical meals and snacks? Thought we could get some ideas from each other. ;)

I'm not much of a cook (hey at least I'm honest!) so I usually eat easy stuff.

Meals
-Cereal w/ Skim (130-220 cal) (add banana for 120 cal more)
-2 eggs, mini bagel w/ cream cheese (320 cal)
-2 egg omelet w/ turkey (240 cal) (add cheese for 80 cal more)
-Turkey sandwich, no sauce (140 cal) (add cheese for 80 cal more)
-Waffle w/ cream cheese and Fiber One yogurt (180 cal)

Snacks
-Banana (120 cal)
-Clementines (40 cal)
-Yogurt (50 cal-100 cal)
-Nature Valley Sweet and Salty Bars (170 cal)

So any ideas for quick, EASY, low cal meals??

Replies

• kitkat40
    kitkat40 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Your meals are way yummier !!
    Some of my snacks i get the non salted almonds and eat 10 (not a lot - but its just a snack)
    celery and penut butter
    Atkins bars - i love all of them (didn't at first ) but i'm always on the go so it helps me eat / snack healthier then i normally would

i also like crystal light ~ i add it to my water i use that as a snack and it helps me really drink more water.
  • lexik09
    lexik09 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    i love sushi so i taught myself how to roll my own. now its a main staple for me and eat it everyday for lunch. if you ever want to browse my food log the password is youarewhatyoueat
  • angel2874
    angel2874 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I like to snack on raw veggies and I love the special k snack bars and crisps!!
  • stemen2011
    stemen2011 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I also like the special k bars. I just indulged my money in the raspberry cheescake ones, so yummy! I get light yogurt or just something small. bananas, grapes, or oranges.

Meals are hard because my family is picky
    breakfast is usually either cereal, english muffin, eggs, or toast
    lunch is normally a prepackaged frozen lean one. (lean cuisine, smart ones, or healthy choice)
    dinner i make whatever everyone wants and give myself a small portion. I try to make myself full during the day so i dont scarf down dinner.
  • KarrieLynn81
    KarrieLynn81 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Anyone got any quick easy meals for Supper? I also have a picky boyfriend so it is so hard to make a meal we both like. Normal meals during the week are:

Chicken in rice
    Homemade Meatloaf with mashed potatoes
    Slow cooked chuck roast with carrots and red potatoes
    Tacos
    BBQ ribs in the slow cooker
    Hamburger Helper

As you can see we are a meat and potatoes can of family which could be a problem...too many carbs :o( Any ideas are welcome! Can't wait to here what everyone else has.
  • lexik09
    Options
    yea im right with you on the picky hubby part. i usually make what he likes to eat for dinner like spaghetti or hamburger helper, mac n cheese. hes not much of a veggie person. so i eat what i usually make him and what he likes but i try to make it healthier. i like to use the ronzoni garden delight pasta which has a serving of veggies in the pasta and use the prego veggie sauce that also has another serving of veggies in it. thats an easy way to get veggies into him and our 4yr old. i love to make veggie stir frys and when i make mashed potatos, i will mix half potato and half steamed califlour. they dont know either. because my family is so picky about veggies i have to hide them in food. when the hubby wants mac n cheese, i do eat it. just in smaller portions now. i will eat 1 cup of mac n cheese or hamburger helper along with 1 cup of frozen or steamed veggies. we usually make our own breakfasts and lunches so that gives me the chance to eat as healthy as i can. i love to eat oatmeal. but i always make sure i have protein with it like a tbs of peanut butter mixed in the oatmeal or ill have a hard boiled egg with it. for lunch i usually have different varieties of homemade sushi and miso soup.
  • ashleymaree1
    Options
    So I have never been one to count calories and have no idea where to start.. i know since im nursing i have to add an additional 500 calories! but need help planning meals.. any good recipes??
  • ashleymaree1
    Options
    So I have never been one to count calories and have no idea where to start.. i know since im nursing i have to add an additional 500 calories! but need help planning meals.. any good recipes??
  • lexik09
    Options

Turkey casserole

1lb ground cooked turkey
    1 can cream of mushroom soup
    1 can cream of celery soup
    1 packet of onion soup mix
    1 egg
    1c white rice uncooked (cook the rice before you add to casserole) (brown can not be subbed)
    4 oz shredded cheddar (save half for on top)
    1lb frozen corn (or peas)
    1c milk

mix all together put in casserole dish, sprinkle remaining cheese on top. bake at 350 for 45 min.
    makes 6 servings