TurboFire Round beginning 1/1/12 (or around then!)

Options
MereMe
MereMe Posts: 312 Member
Ready to start a round of TurboFire? I have LOVED the 16 weeks we have completed! If you're ready for a new round or just getting strted with TF, post here for encouragement and to follow progress of others!

Replies

• RheneeB
    RheneeB Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I received my Turbo Fire about a month ago and just couldn't keep up. I had Turbo Jam already from years ago and have it done it for years. So instead of remaining discouraged, I decided to start Turbo Jam and do it for the month of December and then start Turbo Fire on January 1st. This group will be perfect!!!
  • RheneeB
    Options
    What kind of results have you seen from 16 weeks of Turbo Fire?
  • fmeisele
    Options
    I started Week 17 this week and I'm down 18lbs since I started. That's a little over a pound a week. It could have been more if I had been stricter with my diet. But slow and steady works for me. The big plus to TF is the great shape you're in when you get to this point. It's a tough workout but it's not boring and I look forward to doing it.
  • calla_lilly83
    Options
    I just got y TF a couple days ago. Started here on MFP Wednesday to I'm just getting started on my new way of life. I may start earlier than 1/1 but it may help to wait to get into the swing of calorie counting and getting start exercising period! I'm so thankful for MFP already! Best of luck to all those doing TF! I look forward to keeping up with everyones progress!
  • mom2willnmads
    Options
    Mere, I thought you were starting Chalean Extreme on 1/1? Are you combining the 2? I'm getting a little nervous I won't drop weight on CE and am wondering if I need to mix with TF for cardio? Help! Does anyone have a combined workout schedule? I'm totally new to all this.
  • MereMe
    Options
    I am starting CE - but wanted to make a group for all BB programs so we can interactand compare results and such! There is a hybrid schedule for TF and Chalene. If it's not in your CE book (look in the back), I will be glad to scan mine and email it to ya!
  • MereMe
    Options
    Side note: I have a grocery shopping list for TurboFire Inferno Diet. Lemme know if you would like it emailed! (Just that first 5 day)
  • RheneeB
    Options
    A grocery list would be great - I am getting pumped up about starting my Turbo Fire on 01/01. I weighed in this morning and am now down 14 pounds. It has been slow but 160 sounds so much better than 174!!!! A new me is just over the horizon and I can't wait to look better and to feel better. :smile:
  • MereMe
    Options
    A grocery list would be great - I am getting pumped up about starting my Turbo Fire on 01/01. I weighed in this morning and am now down 14 pounds. It has been slow but 160 sounds so much better than 174!!!! A new me is just over the horizon and I can't wait to look better and to feel better. :smile:

Awesome attitude!!!! I will post the list one day next week!

Y'all please take a moment to invite others to our group so that we can challenge each other! :flowerforyou:

Side note: I waited until the last few weeks to order the extra 5 Turbofire DVDs and thus missed a few workouts. :cry: Now, we are backtracking to make them up. They are AWESOME and really a must have - takes it to a whole other level and changes things up here at the end. I also got a pair of the weighted gloves - LOVE these too! If you have no idea what I'm talking about, there's a BB link on my page and you can find info there!

Take Chalene's advice: WORKOUT WITH A FRIEND! It really does push you harder and makes it more fun too!!!
  • RheneeB
    Options
    The weighted gloves that can be purchased with Turbo Fire or Turbo Jam are $19.99 but I just bought the same exact ones at Walmart for $9.99! They are pretty fun to wear...makes it feel official!!!:laugh:
  • may2490
    may2490 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Mere, I thought you were starting Chalean Extreme on 1/1? Are you combining the 2? I'm getting a little nervous I won't drop weight on CE and am wondering if I need to mix with TF for cardio? Help! Does anyone have a combined workout schedule? I'm totally new to all this.

There is a combined schedule for a hybrid of the programs. If you need it, I can email it to you.
  • drbaska
    drbaska Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    TurboFire is such a fat burning workout program. Results you can expect to see are weight loss, a very whittled and strong core, and very toned arms! I just bought the weighted gloves - make sure you get ones that fit over your fingers so they dont' slide around during the punching.

I am actually doing the TF/Chalean Ext hybrid right now. I always like to do one program all the way thru first before I do the hybrid. I did that with each TF and CHX and the individual results were amazing. Combined, they are phenemonal!

Good luck everyone!
  • Fun4me2bFit
    Options
    Hey everyone! I would love to join this group. :flowerforyou:

I did P90X around the 1st of the year, but didn't focus on my diet. I did see results, but I really needed to burn some fat more than build muscle. I LOVED P90X and will visit it again sometime in the near future (maybe doing a hybrid).

I gained some weight over the summer, which prompted me to do Ten-Minute Trainer. This is a great program from Tony too . Intense mini-workouts. Putting 3 or 4 of these together a day will give you a full body workout. I have lost ten lbs. and will do my measurements in a few days.

I purchased TurboFire a few weeks ago to burn this fat off and plan to start around the 1st of the year. I love accountability and sharing with others... we all learn something this way and can inspire/motivate each other. I also started drinking Shakeology a few weeks ago and am loving it! I can feel the added energy plus I know I can't eat much better for one day than the nutrition one shake is giving me.

I'm really looking forward to working out with you all. Let's kick some bootie!

Cheryl in NC

PS: I plan to do the inferno part next week. Has anyone done this or going to do this for a jumpstart on the program?

6401085.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • RheneeB
    Options
    Hey there - welcome to the group. I am starting up Turbo Fire on January 1st.....have my schedule ready, have my motivation board up with plenty of pictures and I am ready to go!!! I have noticed that the group hasn't communicated much but hopefully that will change when we start up on January 1st. I am looking for motivation and accountability partners!!
  • drbaska
    Options
    Hey there - welcome to the group. I am starting up Turbo Fire on January 1st.....have my schedule ready, have my motivation board up with plenty of pictures and I am ready to go!!! I have noticed that the group hasn't communicated much but hopefully that will change when we start up on January 1st. I am looking for motivation and accountability partners!!

Rhenee - Are you going to get on Shakeology as welll? That will really shred the fat off of you! Bikini babes, here we come!
  • RheneeB
    Options
    I do think that the shakeology will be good for me....especially since I am getting ready to go on my annual Daniel Fast. I will probably get the chocolate because I don't think it would be easy for me to drink anything green!!!:::sick:
  • drbaska
    Options
    I do think that the shakeology will be good for me....especially since I am getting ready to go on my annual Daniel Fast. I will probably get the chocolate because I don't think it would be easy for me to drink anything green!!!:::sick:

You're hilarious! It's really quite yummy! My husband wouldn't try it at first because of the color, then I put blueberries in it and it was kind of purple, and he didn't know it was greenberry. Not that is ALL he drinks! LOL!
  • Blasian29
    Options
    Can't wait to start!
  • RheneeB
    Options
    Today is my rest day....started Turbo Fire on Jan 1 and completed the Fire 30 with 10 Minute Stretch. Yesterday was HIIT 15 and 10 minute stretch. I couldn't keep with the pace but did better than I thought I could - no discouragement here. I am on this journey to finish!!!
  • ERnurse
    ERnurse Posts: 77
    Options
    HI everyone I am starting Turbofire when my DVD's arrive which will hopefully be by next week - I am looking forward to starting but I am nervous too - I really want to stay dedicated to it and I hope I can stay in touch with others doing this program!