A Little About Yourself!

Options
Since I started the group, I suppose i'll be the first to do an intro!

My name is Alex and I'm (almost) 21 years old. I live in Alaska (:grumble: ) and I love getting my hands in any sort of creativity that I can. I don't have any formal art education, so everything I do is self taught. I doodling, drawing, painting, crafting, sewing, renovating furniture..seriously everything. I work as an esthetician and makeup artist and loooove my job. :)

My biggest accomplishment so far is signing up for an upcoming art/fashion show in which i'll be creating an outfit (well, a whole look really) and sending down the runway inanuary!

What about you?? :)

Replies

• UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am 29 (30 on thursday blah!). I live in Pittsburgh. I am a crafter... I knit and amateur photographer (very amateur lol). I love knitting things for myself and my family. I love photographing my children, my projects and they yarn I buy.
    I want to start redoing old beat up furniture for our home. Make it more our style, painting the walls and redoing rooms in the house.
  • ycc1964
    ycc1964 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Yvonne and I am 47, a few year ago I starting making jewelry, I am now the happy owner of Inspired by God, Heavenly Jewels. I love making all kinds of jewelry designs, I have no formal training either. I have sold my pieces in several different states and if I could do this and nother else I would be a happy camper. I am a RN by profession, this job helps me show case my piece, I try and wear a different piece to work each day. Lol, Thanks for starting this site, I enjoyed reading your post.
  • jls1661
    jls1661 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    My name is Jamie I'm 29, originally from Michigan now in New Mexico. I have always (for as long as anyone can remember) been into art. I'm mostly self taught, did take a few courses in college just to work on my technique. I dable in a bit of everything. I draw, do oil paintings, ceramics, and just started getting into photography. I play around with makeup affects as my profile pic shows. I also make jewelry out of natural stone, make glass mosaics (pretty much on anything that will stay still long enough lol), crochet, and sometimes just throw things together that look interesting. I also tend to mix media, like I'll press crushed glass or gemstones in paintings. I'm on a medical disability from my old job, so I'm using my time to start a business and try to sell my projects at various craft fairs and local stores. I'm excited to get to know some fellow creative types!!!
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Jacqueline. I'm 51 years in number, but only in my 30's in my mind. ; ) My husband and I a have a beautiful son named Jamie, he's 20, still living at home. I secretly love it, I can't imagine him moving out. Over the years, I've become a closet artist. Everything I used to do is packed away in a closet. I miss it!! This may be part of my weight issues. I haven't been able to express myself in so long.( except by eating.) This group gives me inspiration to pull everything out and get back in the game. Thank you for this group!! In the past I've dabbled a bit in everything... chalk, pencil, paint, jewelry,photography, anything crafty. Thanks, again .....Gotta go find those paints... LOL
  • galaxyhearts
    galaxyhearts Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Hiiiiiii =]

I'm Michelle and I am 23 years old. I have a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree with a concentration in Graphic Design. Really, only because I felt I would make more money. I'd much rather be illustrating, drawing, etc.

I also really love ceramics, photography, and painting (although I'm not really that skilled in painting). I also really like makeup artistry (but not so much the special effects makeup.)

Super excited to meet everyone! =)
  • mar109
    mar109 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Maxie!!

I am 22 yrs old, and I live in Pittsburgh :drinker:

I have always been into art, ever since I was little, mostly because my father is very artistic. I was that kid who would always be doodling pokemon and cartoon characters on my elementary school notebooks. In junior/highschool I was really into ceramics and, as always, sketching. Most recently, I've been really interested in graphic design and using watercolors. I've designed tattoos for friends and done loads of advertisements for my job (at a bar). I am self taught, mostly, if you don't include school art classes, but I would like to take real classes eventually. Basically, I love anything creative and cant wait to hear all about other people on here who share my passion!!!! :heart:
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Hi. Im Julie. Im 32 and live in Kansas City. Stay at home mom to 3 kids. Im sort of an equal opportunity artist.... theres no medium or artsy idea I wont try. Though, I mostly paint with acrylics. My mom and aunt are both artists and I minored in Studio art in college.
  • LadyMarylou
    LadyMarylou Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm 33 and i'm from Montreal, Canada.
    I'm a graphic designer but also a painter..
    I also like drawing, i cant stop myself when i have a pencil in my hands :)
  • chellesky
    Options
    Im Michelle, 49 from Scotland and I love traditional drawing ,painting and playing around with mixed mediums. Im also into digital art too.
    Im mostly self taught and have recently joined a local art association to mix with other amateur artists.
    I love the online art community called willowing and Im taking some of Tams art courses there.
    Its lovely to meet you all
    Happy Creating!

12211630.png
  • Yakityak
    Options
    Hi, I'm Deanna, 42 from California. I'm new to MFP. I'm an artist working in a large range of traditional media. It's a career change for me a few years back (I used to be in science/veterinary medicine), but I've taken it pretty seriously and show locally. My intention is to expand efforts as my kids get older.

I have done calligraphy for decades, which led to illuminated work (gold leaf) and from there to gouache/watercolor painting. I now work extensively in ceramics as well, and I've started oil painting. My mother is also an artist, but she's pretty much retired. I grew up with it in the house, though.

I'm very glad to find this group. What a nice idea!
  • kt4ever
    Options
    I'm Linda , 59 from PA. I am a retired art teacher. Ive been a potter for over 40 years.. Ive also done some bronze sculpture andrecentlydid my first silicone rubber Halloween mask for my daughter. ( picture on my website). I also doo paintings in watercolor and oils and I love doing pencil portraits and scratch boards. As an art teacher I've worked in most media but I always come backto clay. I have my own studio with 5 wheels and 3 kilns. Going to fire the wood kiln later this month for the first time. Visit my website
    Http://www.lindastauffer.com to see more of my work.
    Trying to lose about 70 lbs.
  • yummygoods
    yummygoods Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    Just lurking a bit on MFP again after being away for a while and I'm so happy to see the groups!

I'm a fabric designer, craft book author, blogger, painter, graphic artist, jewelry maker, visual journaller etc, etc pretty much like most of you, anything I can get my hands on!

I live on Cape Cod and just got married in October.

5'2" on a good day, Fishatarian, yoga-lover, deeply silly.

Melissa
  • upnorthtim
    upnorthtim Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    i everyone, my name is Tim and I'm a watercolorist from Wisconsin. I paint anything that interests me from landscapes to florals to abstract. I'm largely self-taught but do attend workshops when I can afford the time.
  • katie8909
    Options
    Hello everyone, My name is Katherine, I'm an artisit/ Illustrator. And live in Portsmouth. I love art and I'm just studying my Ma at the moment hoping to become a freelance Illustrator. Here is my blog,

http://lovelyjubley.blogspot.com/

katherine
    x
  • sarablueskies
    sarablueskies Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    hola! i'm sara, originally from pittsburgh (holler out to the other pittsburghers i saw on this thread!) and now live in santa fe, new mexico (another holler to the other girl from NM on the thread!). i have an mfa in painting and drawing from JMU in VA and moved out to santa fe about 3 1/2 years ago to help an ailing relative. i've been working hard on my paintings and drawings and have managed to get my work into galleries in AZ, CA and now here on the famous Canyon Road! i'm so excited and in awe that all this is happening. i work full time at a different gallery on canyon road and paint at night or on my days off. i'm a busy busy girl! and very lucky to be doing what i love. you can see my work and link to my blog at www.sarashawger.com.

namaste!
  • lyknscribe
    Options
    Hello!

Sooo Happy to have found this group!

I am 23 and live in NC. I have a very naturalistic approch on life. I'd much rather be off riding a horse in the middle of no where then stuck inside a city...no offence city people - I love you all!

I got into crafting as self defense - I'm a Preschool Teaching and being crafty on the fly is a job requirement. What started out as a job became an obession.

What kind of Crafting do I do?
    Anything I can get my hands on:

I do fun kid crafts that the kiddos enjoy - See my blog here : http://chandlermommy.blogspot.com/

I also do crafting such as Crochet, Sewing, Decorations and anything else which I started a new blog for Here: http://craftychristyblog.blogspot.com/

Please feel free to contact me! I love to get new Ideas and I hope this place is a wonderful envoriment to share and retain ideas!
  • marcia724
    marcia724 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm a 34 year old artist from Butler/Pittsburgh area. I do mostly acrylic paintings, but also make lots of stuff WITH my painting images.
    I'm part of many crafting groups in the area.

I pretty much love to do anything crafty. I can't keep my hands still!

I work from my home, and I love it.

my blog: www.marciafurman.com
    my etsy store (if you're curious): www.marcia724.etsy.com

So glad I found this group!
  • MunchMonster
    MunchMonster Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello all, just came across this group, nice to find such a variety of artists on here!

I'm from Scotland and am currently on a digital art course, specializing in animation. I love doing traditional art too but haven't got much time for this lately, most of my time spent getting to grips with different art software when not animating :P Being stuck on a PC most of the week is not good for my weight loss!

Anyway, nice to meet y'all :)
  • SARBelgians
    SARBelgians Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hello-

Glad to find an artist group on here. New to MFP...finished first week today.

I'm 34, from Oregon. I do wet felt and needle felt. Wall hangings, handbags, vests, etc. I also make handcrafted goats milk soap. Plus I'm a photographer when I can steal the Sony Alpha from my husband.

Many years ago...I use to do watercolor, leather work, and graphic arts/design.

Jillian

15449148.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • lyssamichelle
    lyssamichelle Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    Hi all (:
    I'm 19.. From Ohio, I went to an art school. ( middle school & high school ). I've always loved art. I'm really a big fan of photography. I've been meaning to get out & take some pictures. I have a lot of mental obstacles.. They've kept me from every really finishing much of what I start. Photography is really the easiest thing for me to do when trying to express my emotions. I love charcoal, I just over think every little line I put down.. & It drives me crazy.. So yeahh. lol