Sports! :O)

Options
Jenn152
Jenn152 Posts: 373 Member
Since we haven't actually FORMALLY brought this up yet... hahah but I want to know! (I realize not all of you did...)

Who played what sports? :bigsmile:

Young: Soccer, Gymnastics (I literally outgrew this one), Basketball, & Softball/Little League

Middle School: Basketball, Volleyball, & Ran Hurdles and did Field Events on the Track team

High School: Basketball, Volleyball, & Softball (could only do three, coaches wouldn't allow me to do Softball & Track in the same season)

College & Currently: Competitive Recreational League Softball & Indoor Volleyball

Replies

• pkiesch
    pkiesch Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I played tennis in middle school & soph/jun years of high school, otherwise I was never very active before! I just love that it's assumed I played basketball and/or volleyball when anyone meets me lol.
  • lae1227
    Options
    Basketball: 5-17; 1 year in college (a nose job, broken pinky, many rolled ankles & knee problems came from that)
    Soccer: 5-15; senior year in high school
    Softball: 5-15
    Volleyball: 7th & 8th grade

Currently I play in a softball league in the summers.
  • kkauz42
    kkauz42 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    All through elementary I played softball and basketball. In 5th grade I got osgood-slaughterdisease so bad in my knees that I couldn't play softball. It actually caused a fracture in my knee cap, NOT fun! Fortunately I was NOT put in a cast up to my hip!

In HS I played volleyball, basketball, and did track (only 2 years) and I played soccer my sophomore year (not volleyball which was probably not my best decision, nor was my dad thrilled! lol)

In college I was all basketball!

And currently I play in a softball league in the spring through summer and fall, volleyball now through the winter, and basketball!
  • jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Grade school- softball
    middle school and high school- softball, volleyball, basketball
    college- softball

Now I am on rec leagues for volleyball, basketball and softball
  • gossja23
    Options
    Whoo Sports!

Before High School- Soccer, Baseball, Volleyball, Basketball, Track
    High School- Volleyball, Basketball, Track
    College - Volleball, Track (High Jump)
    Now - Running 5K's and Rec. Volleyball
  • kkauz42
    kkauz42 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    This doesn't really have to do with sports in the past but it still has to do with sports so I'm going to share it whether you like it or not! lol

Last night I played basketball with some girls I have know for a while. I haven't played in seriously about a year (that needs to change) so I was a little nervous about being in basketball shape. I ran run on a treadmill and all that but "sprinting" for 2 halves is something COMPLETELY different. It turned out we had no subs so yes, that meant I'd play the whole time which is fun...if you can breathe!

I am was surprised but excited that I really wasn't dead through out the whole game! Did i get out of breath and get kind of tired...DUH of course but I seriously could have played more after the game was done! My offense fundamentals were kind of missing last night lol but that is to be expected I suppose! I think they are going to switch to a different league cause it's better all around (more organized, better facilities, refs, etc) and it wont interfere with volleyball. I am SO excited!!
  • Jenn152
    Jenn152 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I have been finding my endurance improve just with softball... and thats not even tons of running. i too would be nervous about starting a basketball game... i dont think my lungs would be okay with that. so great job! and you will have a blast in your league :O)
  • doughnutwretch
    doughnutwretch Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Elementary - Soccer and Chearleading

Middle school - league volleyball and basketball with the neighbor kids (I kicked their butts)

High school - Volleyball (outside hitter), basketball (shooting guard and center) and track (distance and jumber)

Currently - I sub for a D1, hardcourt vball team and enjoy pick-up games of volleyball and basketball anytime I get the chance
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Gymnastic & competition grade dancing when I was in Junior school (aged up to 11)

In senior school (from 11-16 years old) I was on the Kent county hockey & netball teams. Always goal keeper or goal shooter due to my height.

Also competed in high jump, javelin & discus during school competitions, usually coming in 1st place in all 3 :happy:
  • loseiteli
    loseiteli Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Young: Soccer, Gymnastics (I outgrew this one as well!!), Softball/Little League

Middle School: Soccer, Softball

High School: Soccer and Cross Country

Currently: Competitive Recreational League Soccer (year round) and seasonally Kickball
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    No sports.

HS: Pom Pom Squad.

Don't think you can consider that a sport! :laugh:
  • marz31
    marz31 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I tried out for basketball in 7th grade, realized nope, and was the manager of the team that year which was equally as fun. Freshman - Junior year of high school I played tennis tho, liked that a lot, junior year we had a new coach who whipped us into shape, lowest weight of my "grown" life, 140, I was SKINNY! then she told me I had to choose between her team and marching band (knowing I was going to school for music) so I said see ya.....I just marched in college, which was hella workout! band camp the week before school was 6 hours on the field, 3 hours rehearsing inside for 5 days straight. Talk about a workout! I miss playing :(
  • lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    BAND! (Haha Marz31- you know band was tough!!!! At least half a school year...)
  • lorac321
    lorac321 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Our parents never encouraged us kids to play sports, so we didn't. I wish though.
    I played the cello. Fat girl with cello, can you imagine? Throw in frizzy hair, glasses and braces while you're at it.
  • jenniferhe
    jenniferhe Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Elementary school: soccer, dance, t-ball/softball
    Basketball: played from 5th grade up to sophomore year of college
    Volleyball: 5th grade-freshman year of high school. Broke my foot in basketball and could't play a season and then came back junior year to find the coach had his team picked out for varsity. Played JV which was fine but didn't try out again my senior year.
    Track (Discus and javaline thrower): sophomore - senior year of high school.
    Cross country: dried in 7th grade and lasted 2 weeks (hated running for the longest time)
  • lo89ol
    lo89ol Posts: 59
    Options
    swim team - 5th to 8th
    dance - 8th grade
    basketball - 6th to 9th
    volleyball - 9th to Freshman year of college

I wish there were decent leagues by me so i could get back into volleyball...my school has intramural, but they meet at 11 PM and I don't live on campus so its not feasible :(
  • Steph4454
    Steph4454 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Played Volleyball, Basketball, and Track(shot put and discus) most
    Played Basketball pretty much year around from 10-18, was first team all conference in highschool for a couple years in a row, probably would have played college but got pregnant senior year
    My husband still holds the shot put record at our High School
    I miss it!
  • KristalDawnO
    KristalDawnO Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Basketball elementary - 10th grade
    Powerlifting - 10th grade - college
    I've done a few sprint triathlons as of late. SO much fun!!!
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I'm in the UK so netball (and I used to play up until 5-6 years ago). Being tall, I was always in defence or attack, but as an adult playing in a mixed sex team, I go to play on the wing (woo hoo).
  • annie7hudds
    annie7hudds Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I hated sports at school.

We had no choice but to join in in Games lessons though - it was hockey in the winter and netball in summer.. I was often in goal. I diodn't enjoy it at all.

At one point I was placed in the cross country team - but didn't 'do' running then - again no choice.

Now I LOVE to run! it's a shame I had to wait until my late thirties to start enjoying sport :)