Vacation Ideas

Options
gdr1976
gdr1976 Posts: 460 Member
Looking for vacation ideas this spring in the Northeast. Overnights, amusment parks, and things like that. Have done Story Land and thins like that in New England. Looking at Hersey Park or something like that, because I looooooove the roller coasters and hoping will be small enough to get back on them.

Replies

• loverachel18
    Options
    Hershey Park and Chocolate World are great!
  • Jenna70
    Jenna70 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    If you are planning to visit Pennsylvania check out Mount Hope Estate & Winery. It is located 15 miles north of Lancaster, PA and 13 miles east of Hershey. It is home to the Pennsylvania Renaissance Fair (August-October), but that is only a small part of events they have there. They host outdoor festivals from spring through fall including their Celtic Fling & Highland Games in June that I am thinking about attending. :) Inside the mansion they have a brewery that also serves some food and a wine shop and they hold tastings. They present a variety of shows/events indoors.

Check out their website: http://www.parenfaire.com/index.html
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Hershey Park is OK.
    Have you ever just knocked around Boston or NYC?

A few years ago we stayed at Great Wolf Lodge in PA, it was about $300 for the whole family which includes an amazing room, and two full days of indoor water park admission. The food is 2nd rate, but you and the kids will love it and it doesn't matter what its like outside, because its inside and like 90 degrees.
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    There is a new indoor waterpark opening in Vermont in a couple weeks! At Jay peak Resort.
  • michellevt725
    michellevt725 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    There is an indoor water park in Lake George, NY
  • DEGiltz
    DEGiltz Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Ever thought about going over to Canada? My husband and I went to Toronto for a long weekend this past summer. We stopped at Niagara Falls on the way up. It was a fantastic weekend. They have tons of wineries up that way too!