Recipes for cycle 1?

Options
luvcat22
luvcat22 Posts: 5 Member
I would love to see some recipes for cycle 1. I am on Day 3 and I am trying to make sure I get enough calories in. I had the cauliflower pizza last night which was not bad at all, but I need other ideas! My husband is also doing this, but he is very limited in what he will eat. He is not very good with veggies. Any help would be appreciated. I have searched for them on the site, but I keep getting the same ones. Thanks!

Replies

• asalembier
    asalembier Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I too am doing this, day 3 as well, and I am finding that I am eating the same meals over and over and over again, because I know what it is. I am also learning how to count calories, and measure foods. Last night we went out for supper, and I cheated by eating a quesadilla, and I never realized until then how hard this was going to be to stay away from carbs, cheese, etc, or how much calories are in foods. I did do a vigorous workout mowing and raking the lawn, so was under my caloric intake, but I feel like I am starving myself in the calorie department.
  • DonnaLFitz
    DonnaLFitz Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I guess one of the reasons this diet worked so well for me is that I like chicken, fruit and veggies. Since I work full-time and part-time, I designed a "standard" meal plan that works for me during the week. For eating out, I have researched and selected the best menu item for each of my favorite restaurants, stored it in My Meals, and then it's a simple matter of selection.

Here is my basic weekday menu:

Breakfast:
    Nonfat yogurt with 1 scoop flavored whey protein
    1/2 cup fresh/frozen berries
    1 boiled egg

Lunch:
    4 oz. mesquite grilled chicken breast (Sam's Club Member's Mark brand)
    1 roma tomato, sliced
    1/2 peeled cucumber, sliced
    6-8 black olives
    2-3 servings baby carrots
    1 mini babybel cheese (on heavy workout days)
    1 T. Maple Grove Farms of Vermont Honey Dijon dressing

Dinner:
    4 oz. chicken, turkey, fish, pork, beef
    1-1/2 cups cooked green beans, broccoli, sugar snap peas, squash, etc. (non starchy veg)

Dessert:
    Klondike bar, snickers ice cream bar, fudgecicle

That's pretty much it during the week. The only item that I have to think about is how to prepare the meat for dinner. I have done:
    Chicken Marsala (homemade sauce, but Lawry's makes a packet you can use)
    Chicken Fajita (using Tone's fajita mix)
    Chicken Creme Brie (from Sam's Club)
    Tuna Salad (with onion, celery, Light Miracle Whip)
    Chicken Salad
    Egg Salad
    Tuna (Starkist, from a pouch)
    Blackened Salmon
    Teriyaki Chicken (bottled sauce)
    Beef and Broccoli (packaged sauce from Lawry's)

When I eat out, it is either a salad with beef tips or a chicken dish with an exotic sauce. Most of the sauces aren't that caloric -- with the exception of Alfredo. Knorr makes some good sauces, so does McCormick and Lawry's. Throw in onions, fresh mushrooms, and a vegetable and you have a tasty dish.

Oh, and I generally season my cooked veggies with a couple teaspoons of Parmesan cheese.

The hardest part is cooking separately for my teenaged son, who could eat the refrigerator and everything in it!
  • asalembier
    Options

Dessert:
    Klondike bar, snickers ice cream bar, fudgecicle

I didn't think you could eat sugar during cycle 1?

For me, I am having a hard time getting enough calories in so that I am not 'starving', because that causes you to plateau as well I have read.
    Tonight I am having salsa chicken breast, and salad
  • DonnaLFitz
    Options
    Yes, he says you should not eat sugar. In my first Accelerate cycle, I had an Atkins indulge bar instead of an ice cream bar. The weight came off so fast, I moved the Atkins bar to an afternoon snack and added the ice cream for dessert.

Even then, my average net calories was seldom over 800.

I've been able to lose most of the weight even with the small indulgence. I only eat one, and only if I have behaved properly during the day!
  • Kristin24C
    Kristin24C Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    http://thedoctorstv.com/TheDoctorsBoard1/posts/10116-CYCLE-1-RECIPE-LINKS

Use that link.. there are a ton of good ideas on that website!
  • asalembier
    Options
    http://thedoctorstv.com/TheDoctorsBoard1/posts/10116-CYCLE-1-RECIPE-LINKS

Use that link.. there are a ton of good ideas on that website!

Awesome... thanks!!
  • Daila78
    Options
    I'm using the doctor's board recipes too! Last night, I had the tilapia with a kick recipe listed on there with fresh spinach leaves with a small amount of feta cheese. It was great!

I wasn't sure on the feta, but a lot of the cycle 1 recipes listed it, so I added it. It only had 2 carbs.
  • luvcat22
    luvcat22 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the hints. I have checked out the DR website and have a bunch of recipes from there. I tried egg mug florentine for breakfast this morning...they weren't too bad. Nice for a change. I got that recipe out of a book. I am having a really hard time in the evening. I am craving carbs at that time. I did try the vanilla yogurt with the cinnamon, and that helped get me through it. All I wanted was a cappucchino last night!!! I did resist though.
  • DonnaLFitz
    Options
    After a week on the 17-day diet, my starch cravings totally disappeared. It was amazing.

But whenever I indulged in any, the cravings started back up. Then disappeared after a week of good behavior.

Dr. Moreno does say in his book that some people are "carb-sensitive", meaning they affect us differently (and negatively) than others. I suspect I am one of those.

It can be difficult to stay to the "no-starch" rule when eating out or visiting family and friends.

My advice: be obsessive about this rule while you are on the weight-loss program. It makes a big difference in your results.
    As you proceed into maintenance, you will add them in slowly until you figure out how many your body can handle without gaining weight.
  • Burlesque12
    Burlesque12 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    This is one of my faves...easy, quick & delucious also filling.
    Sautee Lean Ground turkey in a bit of olive oil with diced veggies (i like zuchinni & onion) and using seasonings (i like chili powder, garlic powder & oregano). Poured over bed of mixed greens. Use salsa, avocado & sour cream.

Mmm...i think i know what im having for lunch today :)
  • icandothis6
    Options
    I made the sesame tilapia recipe from the book the other night and it was delicious!
  • MelissaSel
    MelissaSel Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I actually got this recipe from Hungry Girl, and I've tried it. It will work on this plan. Get a bag of Broccoli Slaw at the grocery store. A 1-cup serving is only 25 calories, and just veggies. I put it in a pan with a little bit of water and steam it until it's soft. While steaming (it smells SO bad!) I add some onion and garlic. When it's soft, drain and add 1/4 cup low carb marinara sauce. Serve with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese. I'm telling you, you won't even know it's not real spaghetti! This is a very low cal but large meal, so it won't help with your calories, but it might help your craving for spaghetti!
  • icandothis6
    Options
    I saw a recipe somewhere for making a turkey breast in the crockpot. Just a turkey breast with seasoning. Has anyone seen it? I can't find it now.