Chalean Extreme starting around January 1, 2012

MereMe
MereMe Posts: 312 Member
Let's kick off the new year with Chalene! Post here if you would like to track your progress and post your results as we go! If you start early or even a bit after, no biggie - just DO IT!

Replies

• I'm in. Planning to start CE mid-December. Actually starting the eating plan TOMORROW. LOL.

This will be my first Beachbody program. Excited & scared. :)
  • Double post. Oops.
  • kat_renee
    kat_renee Posts: 131 Member
    I'm starting the Lean Phase tomorrow. :wink: I'll let you know my results so hopefully it'll give you some motivation.:happy:
  • MereMe
    MereMe Posts: 312 Member
    I'm starting the Lean Phase tomorrow. :wink: I'll let you know my results so hopefully it'll give you some motivation.:happy:

Awesome!!!!

I am looking for anyone with a CE shopping list for each phase - anyone OCD enough to already have this? If not, I will make one!
  • rockieschick
    rockieschick Posts: 321 Member
    I am starting either Saturday December 31st or Saturday January 7th! I have to start on a Saturday as it works almost perfect with my running schedule!
  • sharesb
    sharesb Posts: 416 Member
    I am ordering ChaLean right after the holidays and starting in January, very excited!
  • drbaska
    drbaska Posts: 157 Member
    I am starting either Saturday December 31st or Saturday January 7th! I have to start on a Saturday as it works almost perfect with my running schedule!

This will be a great program to do with running. Are you training for something in particular? I just got into running. My next goal is a 10k. :-)
  • drbaska
    drbaska Posts: 157 Member
    I am ordering ChaLean right after the holidays and starting in January, very excited!

Good Luck SharesB! You will love it. I was a skeptical at first, but I did the whole round in the summer and it really leaned me up and toned me. My muscle definition is amazing now! Go gett'm girl!
  • kat_renee
    kat_renee Posts: 131 Member
    End of CHALENE EXTREME results.

Lost 10.5 pds, chest -2 1/2 inches, waist -2 inches, hips -2 inches, 1/2 inch on right, left arm and right left thigh. Over all I am pleased with my results! I was thinking I would see more on my thighs and arms but that's ok, I can tell they are firming up! Yay!! Next I am doing 30 days of Turbo Jam and then Slim In Six. :) Good luck to all!!
  • Jo2926
    Jo2926 Posts: 489 Member
    Hi

I'm in! I'm either starting today or tomorrow (already done some exercise this morning you see, but it would be the best day for me). I'm a little worried that I'm not fit enough but I figure even if I only manage 1/3rd of each work out its better than sitting on the sofa!

Good luck to everyone

Jodye
  • MrsTomkins
    MrsTomkins Posts: 64 Member
    starting chalean xtreme for the 3rd time!! always quit a few weeks in.. NOT THIS TIME! hoping to get through 2 rounds of it before summer!! please add me for the support!
  • spiralgirl71
    spiralgirl71 Posts: 374 Member
    Hi! I just finished day 5 of CE. I always welcome extra support from others. Looking forward to seeing the updates from everyone else.
  • Jo2926
    Hi! I just finished day 5 of CE. I always welcome extra support from others. Looking forward to seeing the updates from everyone else.

Me too. How did you find it? I thought the calf raises were the worst - and I ache everywhere now!! But in a good way....
  • I just started CE. Burn Intervals today. Great workout! Have to admit that I still don't love the Burn Circuits (I'm a cardio junkie) but I love the idea of toning and feeling strong. LOL.

Question for those in the know: I don't have a heart rate monitor and am struggling to figure out how to enter the Burn workouts into MFP. I'd rather err on the side of not counting enough cals but want to count SOMETHING because right now it looks like I went over my daily count.

ETA: I'm 5'7" and currently weigh 157.2 if that helps estimate my CE burn.

drbaska, I'm training for a half-marathon (yikes!) so running 3x week and doing CE 2-3x. We can cheer each other on.
  • spiralgirl71
    spiralgirl71 Posts: 374 Member
    I was okay yesterday. I went to work this morning. The first time I needed to get up from my desk...I felt it and have continued to do so since then!!

I was having issues with the calf raises as well. I use the tubing and, for some reason, was especially wobbly yesterday.

Did Burn it Off and Recharge tonight. I was going to add a short cardio workout for the rest day tomorrow but I think I really am going to need the rest day.
  • Jo2926

Question for those in the know: I don't have a heart rate monitor and am struggling to figure out how to enter the Burn workouts into MFP. I'd rather err on the side of not counting enough cals but want to count SOMETHING because right now it looks like I went over my daily count.

Well, I'm not in the know, but when wearing my HRM I burn between 200 and 300 calories for the Burn Circuits, and about 450 on the cardio workouts. (I'm 5'6 and 187lbs and lifting relatively light weights).
  • Jo2926

Did Burn it Off and Recharge tonight. I was going to add a short cardio workout for the rest day tomorrow but I think I really am going to need the rest day.

Well done. I'm going to do it in an hour or so, and feeling OK from yesterday. I think you deserve a rest tomorrow!
  • Thanks Jody. Hey, you're more in the know than me. LOL.

Based on your burn and the fact that I would much rather under calculate, I'm going to use 150-200 for my circuits and 350 for the longer workouts. At least it gives me something.

Thinking about getting a HRM.
  • Jo2926
    I love my HRM for cardio - although I'm a bit obsessive! If I finish my workout and i've burn 480 calories I have to keep moving until it hits 500!

I'm not sure how accurate they are for strength training though as the heart rate does't rise as much - I guess its a different kind of burn.

I've just finished Burn It Off and Recharge - wow does she move fast between the exercises! I had to keep stoping the DVD and rewinding it a bit to see what I was supposed to be doing. Good workout though and once I am co-ordinated I think I can increase the calories I burn in it. Week one done so I'm a happy girl!!
  • Just finished Burn Circuit 3 & TurboFire Greatest HIITs DVD! Loving Chalean these days - awesome energy & fun.