Day 28 challenge! (Monday)

Options
shovav91
shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
Hey there CAD'ers! I hope you all enjoyed your relaxation yesterday :D
I'm going to start posting challenges the night before so that those of you who are in a different time zone can participate starting at the beginning of your day.

Today's challenge:
Meatless Monday! Animal protein has been linked to several types of cancers as well as being high in fat, and red meat is known to raise cholesterol. Additionally, it takes 16 pounds of grains to produce one pound of beef. Given the overpopulation problem, food shortages are becoming increasingly severe. Animals are exposed to many antibiotics as well, which means that you are ingesting them.
Here are some other reasons to go meatless this Monday:
http://www.britishmeat.com/49.htm

Remember, it's just one day! You can do it! If you choose to stick with it, fantastic! If not, at least you know you are able to go a day without meat :D

Make a great day MFP!

Replies

• eilis12
    eilis12 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    no meat tomorrow then!!!
    Glad to see the post the night before...much easier to plan my day since i can't always check it in the morning!!!
  • returntorural
    returntorural Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    The post the day before definitely helps! I can't always check the board in the morning. : )
  • alimac92
    alimac92 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I was pleasantly surprised to see (Monday) .

I've got time to think about this challenge now, thanks!
    I certainly need time because meat features in most of my meals.

:flowerforyou:
  • B3Streeter
    B3Streeter Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    This will certainly be a challenge for me but I am up for it! weird to think I used to be a vegetarian!
  • hosnowjo
    hosnowjo Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting night before now. Makes it a lot easier for us in UK. I think I can do this as have a bit of quorn left in the freezer.
  • happy_jax
    happy_jax Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Argh!! Dinner was going to be a yummy hot salad with roasted tomatoes, sweet potato and last nights leftover roast beef.... damn.

Sorry, I might have to skip - I'm looking forward to it too much!! :laugh: I will make an effort to do one meat free day this week though, how's that? (Very VERY tough in our house, other half...and to be honest, myself too - total carnivores!)
  • alimac92
    Options
    Thanks for posting night before now. Makes it a lot easier for us in UK. I think I can do this as have a bit of quorn left in the freezer.

Ahh great idea, Quorn, I'll pop into the supermarket, lunchtime or after work. I can still get my meat fix :bigsmile:
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Easy peasy cos I don't eat meat :laugh:

Haddock fillet defrosting for tonight.....

Sue :smile: x
  • dchienku
    dchienku Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    there is a wesite u can check out called www.meatlessmondays.com

If any one is intrested.
    Denise

I am in!
  • lamlam2468
    lamlam2468 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    This one I can do. Will substitute Boca or may have some seafood. Nice challenge!
  • Mcctin65
    Mcctin65 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    No can do today. I had meat already.
    I am a meat eater. I like on a farm and we raise black angus. I am a carnivore as well. Love knowing where my meat comes from and what goes in to it. Can't stand to buy ANY meat at the store since I am petrified about what has been done to it.
    Fortunately I also love my veggies and fruits so I plan to go meatless one day this week for sure.
    Thanks for the creative and upbeat challenges. I look forward to them daily!
  • hosnowjo
    hosnowjo Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Doing ok so far without meat - Breakfast - egg on crumpet, lunch - veggie subway, tea all planned - quorn mince chilli with rice. Should make it through this challenge ok.
  • Marig0ld
    Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    What about fish? Is fish ok? :-)
  • catdoc1
    catdoc1 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Here's a site (one of many) that has lots of recipes to consider: http://www.savvyvegetarian.com/index.php

I'm vegan, so meatless is no challenge, but finding good recipes can be sometimes!

Italian Whitebean Soup in my crockpot for dinner.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,015 Member
    Options
    this is going to be a bit of a challenge. i generally go meatless about once a week. But tonight I had planned on making a chicken enchilada casserole. I may have to rethink dinner and do a potatoe soup or something. Thanks for the great challenges......
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Me too...I already ate meat...dang it!
  • jlemoore
    jlemoore Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    at mid day snack and no meat. This is pretty typical for me. One meat meal a day, isn't too bad is it? Dinner will be difficult, as I don't do the planning or cooking.
  • alimac92
    Options
    Whoo hoo I did it and survived!! Can all those bright natural vegetable colours send your skin funny?

photo-4-1.jpg
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Successful Meatless Monday here! I usually only eat meat for dinner, so that was the biggest challenge.

But I made a really great meal (with the help of Pinterest!), that was delicious.

Baked lemon pepper tilapia
    Broccoli with a bit of olive oil and garlic pepper
    Baked sliced sweet potato (from Pinterest, it was awesome!!)
  • dchienku
    dchienku Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    thanks for the wonderful challenge today! I did it =)
    Denise